MG4 Lane keep assist

I’ll keep wittering on about this - where does it say it’s mandatory to default on after each start and why can it be turned off if it’s so important?
Also, is it is a requirement to default to on, all the cars sold that don’t have that shouldn’t have the NCAP rating should they?
I can't remember who, but someone did post a link to the NCAP "rules" quite recently. (As in - within the past month).

Last edited:
I shared it it's the NCAP LSS protocol version 4 or 5 can't recall which
Yes I read that. It was interesting but unless I missed it I couldn’t see where it had to be default setting as on and if it can be turned off by the user.

Yes I read that. It was interesting but unless I missed it I couldn’t see where it had to be default setting as on and if it can be turned off by the user.
From my understanding and how it's implemented in that you can't have one without the other

I cannot see the point if it can just be turned off.

Of course, but it has been suggested that it is to satisfy the 5 * NCAP rating, but this can’t be the case then ?.
They somehow got it through NCAP then drivers in the real world discovered it was a pile of sh** and the complaints are pouring in via dealers so they are scrambling to fix it in their inimitable style

To confirm, this is the screen I see after latest update to LKA

9B0FB34E-A79C-40FF-BAF6-30707E79EE0C.jpeg

I have three options for Assist Mode where there were only two previously I think. It always reverts back to Emergency Lane Keeping after restart, and if I turn LKA off it is always back on. I have noticed that setting the alert sensitivity to low does persist after restart but Audible Warning also switches itself back on.

To confirm, this is the screen I see after latest update to LKA

View attachment 14418

I have three options for Assist Mode where there were only two previously I think. It always reverts back to Emergency Lane Keeping after restart, and if I turn LKA off it is always back on. I have noticed that setting the alert sensitivity to low does persist after restart but Audible Warning also switches itself back on.
Been in and had 3 updates done on car and this wasn't one of them 😂😂😂

The locking in issue was reported to DVSA, there was even a police report backing up an incident.
This hasn't resulted in and type of recall to do the update to fix this. Some dealers still claim to have no knowledge of the issue. MG are selling every car they bring in, they obviously don't care
I got a letter yesterday from MG Motor UK dated 06/01/2023 advising me they’ve identified a “possible safety related problem on MG4 EV in regards to the vehicles locking door functionality, which on rare occasions vehicles have locked occupants within the vehicle without warning”.
It then goes on to invite me to arrange with my dealer to get it sorted.
My dealer (Arnold Clark) has already had my vehicle for over six weeks now attempting to resolve the LKA issue among numerous other faults detected on vehicle analysis. This is actually the fourth time the car has been in.
On this performance it didn’t surprise me a bit that they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them to add the locking doors fix update to the cars woes.
I just worked out that since the end of September when I bought the car it has actually been in Arnold Clark’s possession longer than mine.
I really hope that my MG4 and my dealership are the exception rather than the rule.

Will it remember the setting if it's changed to "alert"?

I could live with a bong but I don't want it to steer or vibrate the wheel.
Unfortunately it doesnt.
I played with the settings, dropped something home and jumped back in and its back to default
image.jpg

Can't you just disable MG Pilot altogether so that none of the other functions come on?
If you know you will be using ACC or TJA on a particular drive you could just turn on MG Pilot and enable one of them and disable LKA at the same time?

I can't remember who, but someone did post a link to the NCAP "rules" quite recently. (As in - within the past month).
Yes - I read the link. Still can’t see where it says that it has to default to on.

Yes - I read the link. Still can’t see where it says that it has to default to on.
The new update has "Alert" "LKA" and "ELK"

And that LSS document I shared stated ELK had to default to on, prior to this update ELK and LKA were one and the same function as far as the infotainment interface were concerned.

Out of interest, on the zs you can set the LKA to vibrate (or give audible warning) rather than pull the steering wheel. Is this not an option on the MG4? If it is, can this be the default? Just wondering.
Hi thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I have had a chance to check again after the update. So the answer is yes you can set LKA on an MG4 EV to vibrate now, and also to issue an audible alert but it does not remember these settings and reverts to the default each time you start a new journey. Frustrating 😤

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 534 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back