MG4 Loud bang when charger connected

Has anyone had an experience of the rejection process. Time frame and how awkward dealers were
The Fault Tracker has links to a number of rejection threads: there are a fair number of people who have rejected now.

Dealer has just confirmed they will be taking the car back on rejection. They can't fix it after 4 months. So once its all sorted that will be or MG4 journey over with. Will be keeping a look out for more info on the cyberster.

Thanks to every who offered advice on our problems.

Very very times for us having to reject it.

Sorry to hear all that. Most of us are happy with our cars, especially given the price. Genuine duff cars seem to be a small minority, and I wouldn't necessarily let it put you off getting another one. Do you feel lucky?

Sorry to hear all that. Most of us are happy with our cars, especially given the price. Genuine duff cars seem to be a small minority, and I wouldn't necessarily let it put you off getting another one. Do you feel lucky?
The forum is well into double figures with rejected cars including one previous member who ended up rejecting two,
As you say small numbers but a big ask for people that have went through a lot of hassle rejecting one to put that faith into another.
Maybe if they offered a like for like replacement when the issues were reported and the first attempted fix had failed people might have been inclined to go for that but after a few months of arguing back in forth people's faith in them will have long gone

I absolutely agree. Offering a new car at the point where the car is obviously trouble and the customer is losing faith would do so much for customer relations. But they don't do it. Do they think people make up problems to get a new car to replace one that's a couple of months old? Seriously?

But I've never heard of a car manufacturer that had that policy. Maybe someone could try it.

Well, it's not rocket science after all. If it charges DC but not AC, the AC charger module will be faulty.
More complex than rocket science by far, which is :- light the blue touch paper and stand well back!
I wouldn’t touch the car now, it needs to be uplifted and repaired.

I wonder what happens to these cars, after being stuck at a dealership for months on end ???.
Where do they end up and do they ever get re-introduced onto the market at a later date :oops:.

More complex than rocket science by far, which is :- light the blue touch paper and stand well back!
I wouldn’t touch the car now, it needs to be uplifted and repaired.

Holy zombie thread, Batman!

I wonder what happens to these cars, after being stuck at a dealership for months on end ???.
Where do they end up and do they ever get re-introduced onto the market at a later date :oops:.

They've been registered, so they're not going to be passed off as new cars anyway.

If its so unrepairable it may well be sent back to China for investigation or dealer may well hold on to it for spares, will not be getting resold.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back