As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just ordered ebay ones currently £13.02 for a set. Supposedly UK supplied but listed as a Chineses seller, but in no rush.

What's the impact on mileage?
@Bricktop1967 is you could just do a 1000mile with and without test for me, that would be great!
To get a proper comparison you would need to do the same route with the same weather conditions and temperature with the same traffic in exactly the same places travelling at the same speed or...

...hire a wind tunnel.

MIRA charge £900 including vat per hour for their tunnel.

Keeping the maths simple assuming you get 4.0mi/kWh without the mudflaps and you pay £0.09 to charge at home it costs £0.0225p/mile
If the mudflaps decrease your m/kWh to 3.9mi/kWh your cost per mile increases to £0.0231p/kWh a difference of £0.0006p/kWh
Or put another way you would need to do 15,000,000 miles before the increased cost per mile is equivalent to the hire of the wind tunnel for an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
To get a proper comparison you would need to do the same route with the same weather conditions and temperature with the same traffic in exactly the same places travelling at the same speed or...

...hire a wind tunnel.

MIRA charge £900 including vat per hour for their tunnel.

Keeping the maths simple assuming you get 4.0m/kWh without the mudflaps and you pay £0.09 to charge at home it costs £0.0225p/mile
If the mudflaps decrease your m/kWh to 3.9m/kWh your cost per mile increases to £0.0231p/kWh a difference of £0.0006p/kWh
Or put another way you would need to do 15,000,000 miles before the increased cost per mile is equivalent to the hire of the wind tunnel for an hour.
That's why I want @Bricktop1967 to do the test for me.

What's the impact on mileage?
@Bricktop1967 is you could just do a 1000mile with and without test for me, that would be great!
You know I did think about that when I was fitting them, but it will be negligible surely?
Plus, being the XPower version I am not hyper sensitive to trying to eke out each MPKWH.
Although it is a HUGE improvement compared to my previous lardy transport. 🤣👍

You know I did think about that when I was fitting them, but it will be negligible surely?
Plus, being the XPower version I am not hyper sensitive to trying to eke out each MPKWH.
Although it is a HUGE improvement compared to my previous lardy transport. 🤣👍
But surely a 1000mile test will put to sleep any of your concerns. You'll need to be quick 'cause I'm picking up the car tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpeg
    IMG_0495.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 75

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member