MG4 or Megane E Tech

I just keep going round in circles!

I'm now back looking at Kia EV6 GTLine S rwd with heat pump but trading the Outlander for that.

Anyway, won't waste more of your time.

Still hope to see and drive an MG4 to make a proper assessment.
Kia EV6 is completely different kettle of fish, I wish I could afford it!!

When you get a KIA why not stick 200kg of pollution creating metal in the frunk to remind you of your beloved Tucson PHEV? Oh, and a plastic can of petrol that you never use.
Another alternative would be to sell your house and buy the Porsche Cayenne PHEV that you clearly want. Just don't expect it to be the same quality as your mid-range South Korean tank.

That's a rather extreme reaction to JimB's post :unsure:
Keep it friendly and tone things down a little please.
That post was so convoluted that it's anyone's guess, should they care, who it was in response to (I don't have a Tucson, more's the pity, for example) and the rest of it is just total rubbish (not my first choice of word).

Would it be reasonable to deduce that the poster may have already been bugeyed when trying to construct his masterpiece? 🤣

Glad to see that stuff like that isn't a problem here though 🥳

Last edited:
For me personally ( buying the car outright with a bank loan ) the Megane E is £10k more than the MG4 Standard range I’m collecting Friday so it’s never been a choice. PCPing with silly high interest rates or leasing ( my default option for the last 10 years ) doesn’t make sense this time.

If I had the money and need for a MG4 long range trophy at £31.5k, then I think would spend the extra and get the Renault.

The misses has a Golf SV so the plan for me was always to use the Golf SV for long distance / moving large objects which it’s superb at.

For me personally ( buying the car outright with a bank loan ) the Megane E is £10k more than the MG4 Standard range I’m collecting Friday so it’s never been a choice. PCPing with silly high interest rates or leasing ( my default option for the last 10 years ) doesn’t make sense this time.

If I had the money and need for a MG4 long range trophy at £31.5k, then I think would spend the extra and get the Renault.

The misses has a Golf SV so the plan for me was always to use the Golf SV for long distance / moving large objects which it’s superb at.
Get in quick before the interest rate goes up. 🙄

Get in quick before the interest rate goes up. 🙄
Thanks, I applied and got it approved / paid in the day before the interest rise and dealer has been paid. It’s a lot of money to borrow but got the feeling it’s the right decision in the current climate ( pound weak, import prices bound to rise imminently)

Could not agree more, this is why I have an order placed for MG4, not for the Renault, but I do like the appearance of Ariya's little sister. In fact this is the first ever Renault I am interested in, this is why I am curious.
I had the Megane on priority since August, but having had a test drive in the MG4 this week, I’ve cancelled it and ordered the MG4 Trophy, expected delivery in around 8 weeks. The rear wheel drive did it for me (I have driven the Megane which was great, but not as great as the MG4). I would concede that the quality of materials used for the interior of the Megane are better, but the MG interior is still good, better than the ID3. On those grounds I can’t justify the Megane. There is no way it is £8-10k better than the MG4.

For me the choice is between MG4, Niro EV and Mégane eTech.

Yet to drive the Mégane, but currently (for me Niro EV leading with Mégane a close second)

In the end would probably go with whatever cost us cheapest (significant margin) over 7-10 ownership

For me the choice is between MG4, Niro EV and Mégane eTech.

Yet to drive the Mégane, but currently (for me Niro EV leading with Mégane a close second)

In the end would probably go with whatever cost us cheapest (significant margin) over 7-10 ownership
Car buyer site, via autoexpress, claiming the Mégane etech now available with 0% PCP, brings the price down closer with no interest added

Screenshot_20221015-143641.jpg

Screenshot_20221015-143641.jpg

I had the Megane on priority since August, but having had a test drive in the MG4 this week, I’ve cancelled it and ordered the MG4 Trophy, expected delivery in around 8 weeks. The rear wheel drive did it for me (I have driven the Megane which was great, but not as great as the MG4). I would concede that the quality of materials used for the interior of the Megane are better, but the MG interior is still good, better than the ID3. On those grounds I can’t justify the Megane. There is no way it is £8-10k better than the MG4.
Glad you have ordered an MG4 Trophy.

Delivery may be longer than 8 weeks. I ordered mine in September and was told delivery woul be end of December/early January. However there seem to be a few orange cars around available for early delivery.

Glad you have ordered an MG4 Trophy.

Delivery may be longer than 8 weeks. I ordered mine in September and was told delivery woul be end of December/early January. However there seem to be a few orange cars around available for early delivery.
I’ve went orange, so hoping it will be 8 weeks 👍

Good choice, I had big expectations for MG4 having owned MG5 before, I was sure I was going to love it, but I do not what it was and what exactly happened that day, I was told it could take up to 4-5 months for the delivery and somehow I ended up with Skoda Enyaq, completely different car I know, but.......

Oddly enough, after I'd looked at the Megane as it was using the same platform as the Nissan Ariya, realised that the MG4 fell between two stools as it wasn't a replacement for either our Outlander or our Skoda Citigo so cancelled the MG4 and ordered an Ariya.

Maybe look at any forthcoming smaller MG on pure bev platform if all of the current issues are resolved reasonably quickly.

Oddly enough, after I'd looked at the Megane as it was using the same platform as the Nissan Ariya, realised that the MG4 fell between two stools as it wasn't a replacement for either our Outlander or our Skoda Citigo so cancelled the MG4 and ordered an Ariya.

Maybe look at any forthcoming smaller MG on pure bev platform if all of the current issues are resolved reasonably quickly.
Which battery size did you go for?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel