MG4 or Tesla Model 3

tsedge your quite right but Tesla is Tesla and I think it will be some while for other manufacturers to what they do and Len16 is also right so at some point we hope others my follow Teslas lead but I’m not owning a Tesla as yet and might never
Les

Yes it will take time as I said for people to cotton on but I'll be surprised if paying for servicing is still a thing in 5-10 year's time.
My service deal is £4.99 a month for four years so some manufacturers are already there

Yes it will take time as I said for people to cotton on but I'll be surprised if paying for servicing is still a thing in 5-10 year's time.

That effectively means dealers will start dying in 5-10 years.
There’s no money in selling the cars.
All those big shiny buildings lying empty.

Yes, that's probably what will happen. Except for test drive centres, like the Tesla shops.
That effectively means dealers will start dying in 5-10 years.
There’s no money in selling the cars.
All those big shiny buildings lying empty.

I think it already started has in some places

One is a brand new car with a full warranty, now not the bargain it once was when first released, now in the ball park of a good few better EVs. Good size though and handles well.

The other is a big saloon with great performance and economy, cheap servicing and good back up, ota updates, super chargers

It's used, insurance is more and a big saloon isn't for everyone.

If I'd had a crystal ball and could have seen what was going to happen with Tesla pricing, I would have maybe went for one instead of my megane although Im loving the Renault and prefer a hatchback
Tesla Model Y lease deal on pre-reg car was 3 x upfront + 36x£544/month 10k miles. Plus 6000 free supercharger miles. It’s gone up to just under £600/month now.

Yup, I noticed our local Nissan dealer has downsized quite substantially.
That's why some of them are now trying to charge you for the climate control, turbo, heated seats and steering, etc via subscription model after you've bought the car. BMW I'm looking at you.

That's why some of them are now trying to charge you for the climate control, turbo, heated seats and steering, etc via subscription model after you've bought the car. BMW I'm looking at you.
Absolutely. Bmw turned off the sat nav and a few other features OTA after 3 years old, then asked for a payment to a subscription service to reinstate.
Also when I enquired about a new model after 3 years, none of the leather seats, wheels and styling extras were included. The same spec car had gone up around £20k in 3 years (not including leather seats !!!)

Tesla Model Y lease deal on pre-reg car was 3 x upfront + 36x£544/month 10k miles. Plus 6000 free supercharger miles. It’s gone up to just under £600/month now.
I dont understand why teslas are being compared either. After these figures, and the pcp 'deals' when I enquired for a model Y circa £600 per month, how does this compare to circa £350 for an MG4 ???
I dont think you can compare the model 3 as it is a saloon, and it would be cruel to put a dog in the boot !!!
An MG4 hatch is way more versatile.

Absolutely. Bmw turned off the sat nav and a few other features OTA after 3 years old, then asked for a payment to a subscription service to reinstate.
Also when I enquired about a new model after 3 years, none of the leather seats, wheels and styling extras were included. The same spec car had gone up around £20k in 3 years (not including leather seats !!!)
I’m not sure if I have read this wrong, but the M3 has never had leather seats. I’m not sure about the other ’styling extras’ that you mention - what are they? The M3 has changed very little since launch. I also don’t see the £20k increase - which model is that on?
Tesla do charge extra for ‘premium connectivity’ which I don’t agree with - it gives Spotify and 3d maps.

I dont understand why teslas are being compared either. After these figures, and the pcp 'deals' when I enquired for a model Y circa £600 per month, how does this compare to circa £350 for an MG4 ???
I dont think you can compare the model 3 as it is a saloon, and it would be cruel to put a dog in the boot !!!
An MG4 hatch is way more versatile.
Where can you lease an MG4 for £350 month 3 upfront 36 months 10k miles? I was quoting a model y lease deal so others could compare.
Oh, and teslas are being compared because that’s what this thread is called…

I’m not sure if I have read this wrong, but the M3 has never had leather seats. I’m not sure about the other ’styling extras’ that you mention - what are they? The M3 has changed very little since launch. I also don’t see the £20k increase - which model is that on?
Tesla do charge extra for ‘premium connectivity’ which I don’t agree with - it gives Spotify and 3d maps.
I was quoting the bmw model which I did have, before swapping to the mg4

Satnav is something that annoys me, as it’s been ‘assumed’ people want this, probably at the expense of other pieces of kit.
Aren’t over 90% of UK journeys under 27 miles or something?
Who needs satnav to drive locally?
So by all means please take it away from cars and give me other stuff!

Where can you lease an MG4 for £350 month 3 upfront 36 months 10k miles? I was quoting a model y lease deal so others could compare.
Oh, and teslas are being compared because that’s what this thread is called…
This was a like for like pcp deal, on 10k miles and the same deposit.

Satnav is something that annoys me, as it’s been ‘assumed’ people want this, probably at the expense of other pieces of kit.
Aren’t over 90% of UK journeys under 27 miles or something?
Who needs satnav to drive locally?
So by all means please take it away from cars and give me other stuff!
Ok its not for this thread. But If you buy a car for a certain price, then after 3 years certain elements of functionality are turned off remotely ?
Not exactly fair or value.

This was a like for like pcp deal, on 10k miles and the same deposit.
Can you share the figures please? Comparing PCP to lease is useful but it’s all about the numbers.

Mg4 SE SR £1600 deposit 3yrs £413 so figures a bit out.
£374 for 4 years.

SELR 3 years, same deposit, £463, 4 years £412.

Trophy 3 years, same deposit, £524, 4 years £465.

No PCP deals available at the monthly figure with the same deposit.

Obviously lease and PCP are different. Trophy PCP deal over 3 years isn't far off the model y lease deal figures.

Can you share the figures please? Comparing PCP to lease is useful but it’s all about the numbers.
tesla figures, gone up since I last did this
1680599580223.png

£374 for 4 years.

Obviously lease and PCP are different. Trophy PCP deal over 3 years isn't far off the model y lease deal figures.

Good grief, only the SR is decent money now.
The others are right into other more developed and established EV territory.
My Born is the same dough and it’s miles better than than the 4

£374 for 4 years.

Yes - those were my thoughts. Total cost of MY 3 year lease is c£21500. The depreciation alone over that time wouldn’t be far off that. Not sure how that compares with a Trophy. I think the MY is great value at the moment if you’re in that market.

tesla figures, gone up since I last did thisView attachment 16586
That’s 4 not 3 years. Do you have details of the £350 month 3 year MG4 lease deal that you mentioned?

3 years 3 up front 10k/year £557/month. And it’s the MY not the M3 - so much bigger/hatch etc.

I was quoting the bmw model which I did have, before swapping to the mg4
Sorry - I misunderstood.

£374 for 4 years.

I don’t see the ‘French car‘ on your list….

I'd have no problem with the size although my wife may struggle.

I'm at the age where a can take a tax free lump sum out of some old pensions to cover the cost of either vehicle. Ok it means handing back the MG5 2 years early.

4 months ago I could have sold the MG5, paid off the finance and had money in the bank. 2nd hand values have dropped significantly since then and I'd now be lucky to cover the outstanding finance.
That's exactly the reason you could now afford the second hand Tesla !

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 524 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back