MG4 Reviews from various online publications

To me it looks like the battery is on the left side (of the car). I can just make out the "+" in the photo.

View attachment 10729
I agree. Scrub my previous obviously hopeful comments. 😳

So at least one of the terminals should be accessible.

IMG_20220905_085056.jpg

Last edited:
Great news for MG!

That said….. I wonder how many of the 1000 deposit orders were from mugs such as I switching their ZS order to the 4 due to not being able to get a delivery date for a ZS let alone one actually being delivered.

Not saying that holding back on producing a ZS for over 12 months has anything to do with a planned launch on a brand new EV….oh no! Not me Sir!

Saw a 72 plate Black ZS really gunning down the M6 on the third lane, I guess it’ll be ran in by the time he got to his destination.😉

This article says that MG have taken 1000 orders for the 2000 MG4s arriving this year. So that's 1000 that are still available to order. I've e-mailed 3 different dealers yesterday, and they all told me pretty much the same thing - if you order now, then you can expect to receive it in 6 to 7 months. The question is, where are these 1000 then that apparently are still available to order for delivery this year?!

Good point, it may mean Europe.

Europe as a whole certainly expects more than that.

I don't recall the number but I believe it was supposed to be around 5000, or even 10?

In Germany, they promise 2022 delivery for the first 1000, in France, they took 500 Preorders for 2022, so those three countries alone already exceed 2000.

Richard Hardie, Silverlink (Newcastle) had the following available for September delivery yesterday morning

MG4 EV SE ( SR ) Camden Grey x2
MH4 EV SE SR Artic White x3
MG4 EV SE SR Black Pearl x3
MG4 EV SE Sr Dynamic Red x1
MG EV Trophy LR Artic White x1
MG EV Trophy LR Black Pearl x1

Richard Hardie, Silverlink (Newcastle) had the following available for September delivery yesterday morning

MG4 EV SE ( SR ) Camden Grey x2
MH4 EV SE SR Artic White x3
MG4 EV SE SR Black Pearl x3
MG4 EV SE Sr Dynamic Red x1
MG EV Trophy LR Artic White x1
MG EV Trophy LR Black Pearl x1
Hoping other dealers will have stock available. The longer I wait the more I confused myself. Now flip flopping between Trophy and SE SR! Got the Trophy on order but now wondering if the SE is actually the better value. I know a few reviews are citing the SE LR as the sweet spot but thinking battery tech and just generally the £26k being a much nicer price to deal with!

Hoping other dealers will have stock available. The longer I wait the more I confused myself. Now flip flopping between Trophy and SE SR! Got the Trophy on order but now wondering if the SE is actually the better value. I know a few reviews are citing the SE LR as the sweet spot but thinking battery tech and just generally the £26k being a much nicer price to deal with!
It is a dilemma.

unless you are an idiot, like me, who loves the orange, and the rear spoiler.

Really happy with the extra toys also, but i think i could make a case to live with out them when looking at the price difference.

Good luck with your choice mate 👍

Didn't watch it all the way through but confirms my own feeling that the top of the range model here is somewhat underspecified for the price - only one usb port in back, no armrests, no ventilation outlets, etc, etc. and that's just in the back.

I keep thinking 'It'll be nice when it's finished'.

Didn't watch it all the way through but confirms my own feeling that the top of the range model here is somewhat underspecified for the price - only one usb port in back, no armrests, no ventilation outlets, etc, etc. and that's just in the back.

Considering the car was virtually fully loaded.
It does seem a little odd they just fitted one USB instead of two, surely it’d have only cost them pennies!

Have you sat in the back of a base model ID.3 or Born? Both more expensive, both reportedly less comfortable and worse equipped than the SE but more expensive than the Trophy.

The back seat appears to be well proportioned and angled - most testers have commented on how comfortable it is. The lack of rear ventilation vents equally applies to the ID3 too. I am guessing these issues will be taken care of when the midlife facelift is due in a few years time.

I am guessing these issues will be taken care of when the midlife facelift is due in a few years time.

The drag loses of internal ventilation are staggeringly high. I suspect that it's a deliberate omission but it'll be interesting to see if it comes along later.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back