MG4 Reviews from various online publications

Are these people actually enthusiasts and into cars. I mean, at 15:39 we have the sight of the woman reviewer SITTING on the Niro with what seems her feet on the front wheels of the passenger side of the MG
Come on, would anyone with any sort of love for cars, appreciative of detailing and paintwork, actually ever do that 😲

Are these people actually enthusiasts and into cars. I mean, at 15:39 we have the sight of the woman reviewer SITTING on the Niro with what seems her feet on the front wheels of the passenger side of the MG
Come on, would anyone with any sort of love for cars, appreciative of detailing and paintwork, actually ever do that 😲
Whatever you do, don’t watch Mat Watson of CarWow. He’ll give you a heart attack with some of his antics. 😅

Not a review, but just a showroom vid from France (I think) of the 4 in 'Medal Silver'. Looks much better imo with the black wheels (or black aero covers).

I got this EU configurator and shows you can spec Medal Silver, and it looks like the back wheels/covers are standard on their 'standard' (our UK SE) spec https://www.mgmotor.eu/configurator/mg4

I'm surprised that there's not much on the 'reviews' of the Trophy showing the 360 camera in operation, and its modes. The odd bit and bob here and there, but nothing much.
Interesting, as I've got this kind of thing on a Juke NISMO RS (side left/overhead/rear/front) and it's beyond phenomenal.

Not a review, but just a showroom vid from France (I think) of the 4 in 'Medal Silver'. Looks much better imo with the black wheels (or black aero covers).

I got this EU configurator and shows you can spec Medal Silver, and it looks like the back wheels/covers are standard on their 'standard' (our UK SE) spec https://www.mgmotor.eu/configurator/mg4

Their wheels are 16 inch as standard whereas the UK spec are 17 inch

Is this guy one of us here?

Edit: I asked him in the comments if he's had the oil leak issue - he says No. :)

Last edited:
But that's 0-60 not 0-62 (as per the spec quotes). ;)
.... although I'm only a few weeks into ownership, and have not dared to put it into sport mode - 7.1s 0-60 doesn't suprise me - as it accelerates rather nicely - that said I havn't tried to overtake yet! - as too old for that game :unsure:

.... although I'm only a few weeks into ownership, and have not dared to put it into sport mode - 7.1s 0-60 doesn't suprise me - as it accelerates rather nicely - that said I havn't tried to overtake yet! - as too old for that game :unsure:
I believe you....not :ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of when I got my current car and took it for a run along one of the country roads near me. I thought "This pulls nicely." Glancing at the speedo I was doing 80... oops!

I believe you....not :ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of when I got my current car and took it for a run along one of the country roads near me. I thought "This pulls nicely." Glancing at the speedo I was doing 80... oops!
.... exactly! - for the last 35yrs of driving I rely on a analogue rev counter & speedo (and engine noise), its taking a little time to adjust :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Watched this video and just have a couple of questions re the car retaining settings.
I understand that it will revert to normal drive mode after a restart regardless of what mode was selected earlier but does this apply to other settings like climate control, standby auto pilot, steering, music selection (USB or radio etc.), auto headlights etc.
In other words does it retain all the settings placed originally by the driver/owner apart from drive mode or do you have to go through all the menus again to reinstate your preferences?
Looking at buying a SR or LR when they become available in Oz but cannot find much technical info here.
Thanks for any help.

Watched this video and just have a couple of questions re the car retaining settings.
I understand that it will revert to normal drive mode after a restart regardless of what mode was selected earlier but does this apply to other settings like climate control, standby auto pilot, steering, music selection (USB or radio etc.), auto headlights etc.
In other words does it retain all the settings placed originally by the driver/owner apart from drive mode or do you have to go through all the menus again to reinstate your preferences?
Looking at buying a SR or LR when they become available in Oz but cannot find much technical info here.
Thanks for any help.
As far as I’m aware, apart from drive mode default back to Normal, all other settings set by the owner will be retained.

As far as I’m aware, apart from drive mode default back to Normal, all other settings set by the owner will be retained.
Yeh I agree also the brake REgen it reset to 3 as well so if you have been driving in Eco mode Regen low level 1 stop get out turn off the car when you get back in and switch it back on it will go to normal drive with level 3 high on the reng braking Annoyingly but I think as Kin said above everything else says where you set it.
There’s another thread running now call MG4 likes and dislikes we agree
Les

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums