MG4 Reviews from various online publications

Yeh I agree also the brake REgen it reset to 3 as well so if you have been driving in Eco mode Regen low level 1 stop get out turn off the car when you get back in and switch it back on it will go to normal drive with level 3 high on the reng braking
Les
Ah I didn’t know, I’ve always had it on 3 anyway🙂

I think as Kin said above everything else says where you set it.
There's also the visual driver drowsiness alert. This comes back on every time but you can turn the sound off and it remembers that at least. We're getting a bit off topic though.

“It no longer looks like an old man’s car.” 😅 But on a serious note she thinks the MG4 gives the Cupra Born a run for its money, especially the handling characteristics.
Said on another post drove a Cupra Born e boost today, if I was to compare the 2 the Cupra edges it both in handling and performance. It is also a far nicer cabin and the space in the back and boot is bigger. The model I drove was £6k more than a trophy though and it's has quite infuriating buttons, very touch sensitive and I mean very.
The e boost button was great fun, excellent for overtakes

Said on another post drove a Cupra Born e boost today, if I was to compare the 2 the Cupra edges it both in handling and performance. It is also a far nicer cabin and the space in the back and boot is bigger. The model I drove was £6k more than a trophy though and it's has quite infuriating buttons, very touch sensitive and I mean very.
The e boost button was great fun, excellent for overtakes
The Cupra Born is certainly a stylish looking car, but unfortunately my budget won’t stretch that far.

This is a review of the Renault Megane electric, but the reviewer says something interesting for MG4 owners from the 15min 30sec mark:

Yes, the RWD aspect is VERY big. Whenever I go from a FWD car, to my Mk4 Mx-5, it's the first thing you notice. A 'push' rather than a pull and nice balance. In fact, I've always said it holds the road gracefully, like a car version Federer playing tennis. I take an MG4 10X over that Megane, which is pushing even its moniker. How about the 'Megane Active' as it looks like a Fiesta Active v a 'normal' Fiesta.

Yes, the RWD aspect is VERY big. Whenever I go from a FWD car, to my Mk4 Mx-5, it's the first thing you notice. A 'push' rather than a pull and nice balance. In fact, I've always said it holds the road gracefully, like a car version Federer playing tennis. I take an MG4 10X over that Megane, which is pushing even its moniker. How about the 'Megane Active' as it looks like a Fiesta Active v a 'normal' Fiesta.
This will be my first RWD car, so I’m looking forward to that feeling you describe.

The Cupra Born is certainly a stylish looking car, but unfortunately my budget won’t stretch that far.
I really liked it, not sure if I like it £6-7k more though. Rear wheel drive like the MG and handles well. Cabin was superior but you would definitely expect that for the money. Much nicer car in the cabin than an I'd 3, test drove that before the MG, certainly not the id3 at the price you pay for one now

This will be my first RWD car, so I’m looking forward to that feeling you describe.
Had a Nissan 200sx back in the 90's loved that car, great fun in the dry and damp. Deadly in the snow and ice. Did get it chipped and fitted a dump valve to it which only upped the enjoyment

Had a Nissan 200sx back in the 90's loved that car, great fun in the dry and damp. Deadly in the snow and ice. Did get it chipped and fitted a dump valve to it which only upped the enjoyment
Nice! I’ll bet that was exciting to drive.

I drove like an idiot:) in my defence I was only in my early twenties, never have a thought about what I was doing to my tyres kicking the back end out all the time

It is also a far nicer cabin and the space in the back and boot is bigger
I found the space to be very similar but slightly better in the MG4. It's interesting how people can sit in the same cars and yet have different opinions.

I'm 6ft 5in and found that the problem in the rear of the Born was a slightly lower roof and the grab handles. If I moved my head from side to side as if somebody was taking a sharp corner then I would hit my head on the handles. Fortunately this is not a problem in the MG4 :)

I found the space to be very similar but slightly better in the MG4. It's interesting how people can sit in the same cars and yet have different opinions.

I'm 6ft 5in and found that the problem in the rear of the Born was a slightly lower roof and the grab handles. If I moved my head from side to side as if somebody was taking a sharp corner then I would hit my head on the handles. Fortunately this is not a problem in the MG4 :)
I'm only 5ft10 so wherey driver seat was there was loads of room in behind it both knee and head

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back