• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 Reviews from various online publications

Could be I guess but I didn't think it looked like that, more that the car had decided to do something, like "coming home" lights? Didn't seem like there was anyone in the car.
My Zoe turns its lights on when I get within 3-4m of it with the key, but doesn't unlock until I'm close enough to touch it.

Looks like the MG might do the same

Mine seems to remember the LKA setting which is good. The one that really annoys me still is the AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking) - this always switches back on if disabled and in the default moderate setting cruise control is unusable on a two way road as it thinks I am about to plough into oncoming cars and starts braking. Setting it to "low" sensitivity is better but I have to do that every time I get in the car. Hopefully software update will fix this at some point.
The emergency braking is brutal. I was reversing out of the supermarket parking space, and there was another car rolling, perpendicular, towards me. The MG4 braked so violently and suddenly that I was sure I had hit a bollard or something really solid.

The emergency braking is brutal. I was reversing out of the supermarket parking space, and there was another car rolling, perpendicular, towards me. The MG4 braked so violently and suddenly that I was sure I had hit a bollard or something really solid.
Mine‘s in for software update next Wednesday which includes updates for the automatic braking apparently, I’ll post in the Software update thread how that goes

Mine‘s in for software update next Wednesday which includes updates for the automatic braking apparently, I’ll post in the Software update thread how that goes
Are they charging you (money) for the update? My dealer does not seem to have any idea about an upcoming software update.

Are they charging you (money) for the update? My dealer does not seem to have any idea about an upcoming software update.
No charge. Service manager told me new update released last week. Will know more next Wednesday.

Maybe a candidate for the most boring youtube video, ever? 🥱

Fair enough, each to their own, but the 60 people on YouTube that have given it a thumbs up 👍🏽 so far obviously disagree with you.

Fair enough, each to their own, but the 60 people on YouTube that have given it a thumbs up 👍🏽 so far obviously disagree with you.
Yes, how does it go,,, don't forget to like and subscribe (n)

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel