MG4 SE - Infotainment version updated today (to R110033)

I've just had the infotainment updated to R33 on my phase 1 SE. Some improvements including outside temp back, but Android Auto no longer works - was perfectly OK before. Same phone and cable, and also tried 6 other cables! Phone says it's connected but the car doesn't recognise it. Any ideas please?

I put this in the existing relevant thread, for clarity, but I'd be really interested in an answer to this.

ERO goes for his first service on Thursday, and I did the online check-in today. In the box regarding "faults" I mentioned the warped undertray (which was noted on collection and every recall visit since), and I also mentioned for them to apply any required software updates - and if updating the Infotainment then to go to 1100R33; I DO NOT want R16 or R21. :)

Me too. And if your dealer comes good I think it will be close enough to me to come over and ask for an encore.

Since I have already complained bitterly about the USB player, it would be senseless of me to refuse R33.

Unless of course it buggers Android Auto.

Last edited:
Things I am still interested to know about the legendary R33.
  1. Does it really bugger up Android Auto or is only one person experiencing this problem?
  2. Is it now possible to deactivate that infernal auto-locking?
  3. Is it true that the radio/sound system no longer comes on automatically when you sit down in the car?
  4. Has the SPORT/SNOW thing on the infotainment screen been fixed?
  5. Any news about the sensitivity of the light sensor?
Unsurprisingly I am fairly ecstatic about the fix to the USB player and the restoration of the external temperature display. If it's true about the sound system not coming on automatically at startup I'm pretty damn pleased about that too. (I have only seen one person mention this.)

However I am a recent convert to Android Auto and if it won't work with R33 I'll be pretty torn - although if it doesn't this is such a serious thing I would imagine they'd fix it pretty damn quick.

As a Public Information Announcement for those unaware: the Trophy also has an infotainment software version R33, but this is different to the SE R33, it has different bugs and characteristics. The latest Trophy version is R46, which is still known to have some significant bugs.

Also for those unaware, these are the UK market version numbers, other markets have had their own versions in the past, so the latest versions may differ.

Back to your usual programming.

My USB music is playing fine now I've sussed it out. I use a USB C stick.

I'm on Info software R40.

At first it did'nt work ... it took a while scanning and reading all the tracks when plugging the stick in but then did'nt display any of the songs / folders / albums at all, and just played any song at random which I could'nt control !!

From experience with a VW Golf I tried reducing the number of album folders right down, to limit the number of tracks and album folders. It then worked OK and displayed the album folders and pressing on the folder opened it up to show all the tracks. I just then touch the first track and it will play the whole album/folder in order.

Where it displays "Play All" (top left), if I press on that it switches to album folders. I then worked out how to play each folder in sequence, rather than random (look at the symbols under the blue track length line) . My screen looks like this now for playing album folders with each track in sequence.

View attachment 20772View attachment 20773
We have a 2023 Trophy Long Range (had it 2 months). We are running the same versions R40. Is this the latest version for a new Trophy Long Range?

We have a 2023 Trophy Long Range (had it 2 months). We are running the same versions R40. Is this the latest version for a new Trophy Long Range?
The latest is R46, you can ask dealer to update. if they are reluctant you can tell them that your phone keeps disconnecting and that r46 fixes this

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back