MG4 SE - Infotainment version updated today (to R110033)

About time if they are. I want a USB player that works, a radio that doesn't come on every time I sit down in the car, and the ability to disable the automatic central locking. The Trophy has all this, no reason we can't have it.

When I had my car serviced yesterday I was told that 2 upgrades were carried out. I have no idea what they were. What I do know is that the infotainment system wasn't upgraded (still on R13) and that If I put my car in sport mode the main centre binnacle shows it in snow mode. The LKA seems to be less violent now and the ACC also, but the autonomous braking nearly broke my ankle, activating for seemingly no reason.

There’s a lady who drives EVs for a living and tested the MG and BYD a out on YT this week.
She said she loved the MG but neither her or her daughters appreciated the emergency braking bringing the car to a halt for no reason.
This is a worry.

My EB has never bothered me at all. The one time it has activated in almost 5,000 miles, someone had stepped out into the road from between two parked cars. So at least I know it works!

Behaviour seems very variable between cars, and some people have suggested that it's a camera that needs calibrating.

Had my first (after 8k miles) AEB yesterday afternoon. To be fair, it was very low sun and the stupid van in front of me had broken reversing lights that were stuck on - wonder if the car somehow detected that?…

You obviously have a Trophy. The USB player issue is an SE problem.
Mine works on my SE however it's when I connect my Roland R-07 recorder. Sounds weird actually listening to vinyl crackle and sound good.

Not sure what you're talking about, to be honest.

The issue on the SE is that the player plays every track on the stick in strict alphabetical order of track name (not even file name). Unless you're prepared to spend hours renaming every track to get them in order, it's useless.

(Reader, I am a sad person. I did it.)

I had mine do that once when I was driving in traffic quite slowly along an urban main street. I realised the car had detected a man stepping out into the road between two parked cars. In fact he was only going round to the driver's side of his own car to get in, and I had realised that - there was enough room and he wasn't doing anything dangerous. But I forgave the car, because it could have been someone about to run across the road.

I have noticed pedestrians doing similar things since then and the car didn't react, so I'm not quite sure what it was about that occasion that made it react so strongly.

While on holiday in a hired ICE car, much the same thing happened except it was only an audible warning, not a full-on emergency brake. My friend who was driving at the time, and whose own car is ten years old without any of these modern aids, was very startled by the warning and said, "what's that?" but I pointed out the pedestrian and explained the car had seen the woman and was warning her of a possible hazard. She was well impressed.

Here ya go....screens from version R33 on a SE LR
You are awesome!! Thank you for doing this. Very helpful indeed (y)

Edit - not seeing any new settings, which may well be a good thing! Although drive modes on the left star button might be new. Can’t remember, I’ll check mine next time I’m in it.

Last edited:
I've just had the infotainment updated to R33 on my phase 1 SE. Some improvements including outside temp back, but Android Auto no longer works - was perfectly OK before. Same phone and cable, and also tried 6 other cables! Phone says it's connected but the car doesn't recognise it. Any ideas please?

Whoop de.

I don't suppose the USB music player works properly, or the radio stays switched off, or you can turn off the automatic central locking?

Too much to hope for.
Yes, it now works properly with folders, etc. Lots of improvements with R33 (SE). Recommended update.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back