Just bought from the Eden Group a 3 year service plan for £322. Happy with that.
Hi all
I’m just rooting around for a 3 year service quote and got this from Glyn Hopkin - no MOT but does have AA cover as well, (My low annual mileage may be a factor but for just under £7 per month I think it’s a good deal
If you buy a garage specific service plan what happens if they go bust or you want to use another garage? A manufacturers plan means that you can use all franchises.

I agree to certain extent- it’s early days and as I have not got my MG4 SE yet (I believe it’s somewhere between Bristol and Vladivostok or Shanghai or wherever!) I’m just feeling the market for options but thanks for your input.

Hi all
I’m just rooting around for a 3 year service quote and got this from Glyn Hopkin - no MOT but does have AA cover as well, (My low annual mileage may be a factor but for just under £7 per month I think it’s a good deal
It doesn't include an MOT because one isn't necessary until the service plan expires.

Sorry but I don't understand ... if the price might rise in 3 years time, what's wrong with locking in a lower price now?
Most of the plans I have looked all seem to either do full payment or monthly DD.Cost wise, they compare favourably. I know it sounds cheeky, but if they DID try to up costs nothing stops you cancelling payments and looking elsewhere. (Providing you are still pocket and service has just been completed timely)

Fair enough.

I took out a 3 year + MOT plan and paid for it up-front. As far as I'm concerned that means my next 3 years are settled and I don't need to worry ... the place I bought from is my nearest MG service centre anyway. :)

I had a right back and forth with the back office sales woman over mine. It was £380 and was just filling me with BS on how good value it was. You will invalidate your warenty, they don’t really do mechanical work but extensive electrical checks are done. I couldn’t be bothered to argue so paid it.

After reading this thread and having been given a quote of £471 for three years servicing and one MOT from the dealer we bought our mg4 trophy lr from, I figured I’d call around some of the other local mg dealers.

Given that all the quotations are provided via planmyservice, I was surprised to get a quotation for £417 from one dealer, and then £271 from another.

All for the same setup, three services, a mot, based on 10000 miles per year.

Needless to say, I’ve gone with the £271 and will be paying monthly by direct debit.

No brainer really given the line items split the services into two at £68 and one at £93, plus the extortionate £54 for a mot.

With the free a cover renewed with each service, it seems like good value at £271.

I had a right back and forth with the back office sales woman over mine. It was £380 and was just filling me with BS on how good value it was. You will invalidate your warenty, they don’t really do mechanical work but extensive electrical checks are done. I couldn’t be bothered to argue so paid it.
Remind me to pop over and see you with some offers….

Mine was £399 for 3 services plus first MOT ... and each service extends MG Assist thus making it more reasonable value. :)

I didn't say fantastic - I said reasonable. (Look - my post is unaltered above and the word is right there).

Given that AA vehicle cover including Relay and Home Start (edit: which is what MG Assist is) is north of £80 a year then that makes each service about £35 per year. I'd call that reasonable - wouldn't you?

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't understand ... if the price might rise in 3 years time, what's wrong with locking in a lower price now?
As the person might want to pay more money to the dealership in 3 years time.

Some of these prices are funny. To think the back and forth arguments people made with me when I argued if electric cars really have 'much better service costs'

If anyone wants to apologise, do so below. I might, just might, find it within my big heart to forgive.
🥰

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums