MG4 shipping to Ireland

they are really drawing it out.

sorry. not many opportunities in life for a corkonian to make that pun.

contact MG directly and just ask where you are on the list.

Info MG <[email protected]>

they should just convert this thread into the irish subforum at this stage :)
Thanks for the email. I might just do that. Nothing to lose at this stage

I was told by a rep in Frank Keane's, Ballymount that MG4's ordered now would be delivered in September. In fairness, I don't think they or any MG dealer actually know as it is completely outside their control.

I'm starting to look at second hand Kia models at this stage. At least they are in stock and can be had pretty quickly. Still hoping to get a decent trade in for my Ioniq as well.
Getting quite disappointed at the lack of contact from the MG dealer, despite asking twice for an update on delivery. With the €5k grant in Ireland being reduced to €3.5k in July, it would not surprise me if more cancelled due to delays.
Hi I recently ordered exclusive model here in Dublin and got a great deal on the trade in of my ioniq 2019 hybrid High spec,was told July with no guarantee,if I have to wait longer I have to wait,dnt mind as there is still some finance left to pay on my ioniq which will be less when I do eventually get the mg.I got a great trade in price though

Hi I recently ordered exclusive model here in Dublin and got a great deal on the trade in of my ioniq 2019 hybrid High spec,was told July with no guarantee,if I have to wait longer I have to wait,dnt mind as there is still some finance left to pay on my ioniq which will be less when I do eventually get the mg.I got a great trade in price though
I have a red Exclusive on order and got a great trade in quote from the dealer at the time. It'll be revised downwards though as the car will likely be 6 months older by the time the MG arrives. I ordered in late November, incidentally, and my Ioniq is paid off.
I read today that MG are increasing their price by €2k as well so if the grant is reducing by 1.5k and my trade in drops, I could be looking at stumping up an extra 4 or 5k. At that rate, there are cars from more recognised brands within reach, so the whole situation is giving me pause for thought.
The deafening silence from the dealership is not exactly filling me with confidence either. 2 email queries on delivery timescales have, so far, gone unanswered. They had been so keen to reply to every one of my queries just before I put my deposit down but now seem to have been bitten by a case of keyboard-itis.
Anyway, I'll stop ranting now. :)

I have a red Exclusive on order and got a great trade in quote from the dealer at the time. It'll be revised downwards though as the car will likely be 6 months older by the time the MG arrives. I ordered in late November, incidentally, and my Ioniq is paid off.
I read today that MG are increasing their price by €2k as well so if the grant is reducing by 1.5k and my trade in drops, I could be looking at stumping up an extra 4 or 5k. At that rate, there are cars from more recognised brands within reach, so the whole situation is giving me pause for thought.
The deafening silence from the dealership is not exactly filling me with confidence either. 2 email queries on delivery timescales have, so far, gone unanswered. They had been so keen to reply to every one of my queries just before I put my deposit down but now seem to have been bitten by a case of keyboard-itis.
Most dealers will honour the price of the MG at the time you put your deposit down although the trade in price for your car will depend on its value at time of delivery.

Once you order the price is protector, that's what I've been told and that they will give me a bit extra for my car when the time comes

I looked up my document that we signed, a sales contract. It only lists the full price, which already removed the 5k government grant and my 500 euro deposit. What happens if I pick my car up after July and the car grant reduces? I assume my contact is solid as it makes no mention to the grant.

Thanks

I looked up my document that we signed, a sales contract. It only lists the full price, which already removed the 5k government grant and my 500 euro deposit. What happens if I pick my car up after July and the car grant reduces? I assume my contact is solid as it makes no mention to the grant.

Thanks
I have a email from linders Dublin on my phone stating the car is going up 2000 euro in April but if you order before that the price is protected,get in touch with your dealer and demand same,if not agreeable I would walk pal

Ordered mg 4 from linders in finglas mid January. Rang up today and was told least another 2 months but basically didn't even know. I did ask him about the prices going up and correct they are going up 2k. But once you have deposit down you are locked into the price agreed. Also with the government scheme being reduced they can but in 3 months before the car is made so can buy a little time. Anyway sounds of things will be July if not later. I also mentioned if a customer can buy a canceled order and he said no. The car gets sent back to Depot.

I looked up my document that we signed, a sales contract. It only lists the full price, which already removed the 5k government grant and my 500 euro deposit. What happens if I pick my car up after July and the car grant reduces? I assume my contact is solid as it makes no mention to

Ordered mg 4 from linders in finglas mid January. Rang up today and was told least another 2 months but basically didn't even know. I did ask him about the prices going up and correct they are going up 2k. But once you have deposit down you are locked into the price agreed. Also with the government scheme being reduced they can but in 3 months before the car is made so can buy a little time. Anyway sounds of things will be July if not later. I also mentioned if a customer can buy a canceled order and he said no. The car gets sent back to Depot.
I thought that was the case,mine is ordered from another dealer with deposit paid and contract signed, I did enquire from linders a few months back thats why I got the email from them,just have to be patient I suppose

I bought in Linders as well and ordered in mid Ja , I will contact them and see what they say about mine, but they didn't say anything the last time I contacted them.

Your sales contract will be the same as mine then where the money to pay already has the grant taken off before they printed the cost (its not shownas pay XX minus grant minus deposit = remaining balance) , so if it is late and into July it is Linders who have lost out on the 1,500 (grant difference) and not us.

Linders made it out that they can delay the grant for 3 months from end of June till august but after that and mg 4 happens still not to turn up I will have to cough up the difference he said. Doesn't make sense now for someone ordering an ev especially if there is a delay of 6 months to a year waiting times. Certainly not an encouragement from the government knowing that they know that consumers have to wait.

I purchased from Linders in Jan also. They were taking 10 orders per day!! They said 10 weeks on ship from china. Factory by Shanghai so six weeks. If they have chassis no I'm sure they can fudge full grant past July.

I Just spoke to my sales guy in Linders he confirmed that MG are raising the prices tomorrow 31/03/23 by 2 grand across all models, however if you have an existing order you are protected from that increase.

On the SEAI grant increase, they can apply for that up to 3 months before a car is delivered, so if your car is due in July/Aug/Sept I would get in touch with them to confirm and to remind them to apply for it.

My delivery is expected in mid to late June from an order in last week of Jan, its already confirmed to be in the factory assigned a build slot, likely already completed and ready for shipping, and if it hasnt arrived by the last week in June he will get the grant sorted on it as the VIN will already be assigned and available on the system.

Hopefully that info helps a few people out and gives an idea of shipping times currently, its seems to be a 12 week build/pre shipping lead time and 8-9 weeks from going on the ship to hitting the docks and getting delivered to the dealer.

edit for spelling

Last edited:
I Just spoke to my sales guy in Linders he confirmed that MG are raining the prices tomorrow 31/03/23 by 2 grand across all models, however if you have an existing order you are protected from that increase.

On the SEAI grant increase, they can apply for that up to 3 months before a car is delivered, so if your car is due in July/Aug/Sept I would get in touch with them to confirm and to remind them to apply for it.

My delivery is expected in mid to late June from an order in last week of Jan, its already confirmed to be in the factory assigned a build slot, likely already completed and ready for shipping, and if it hasnt arrived by the last week in June he will get the grant sorted on it as the VIN will already be assigned and available on the system.

Hopefully that info helps a few people out and gives an idea of shipping times currently, its seems to be a 12 week build/pre shipping lead time and 8-9 weeks from going on the ship to hitting the docks and getting delivered to the dealer.
Is that a 2 grand increase inclusive of the loss of the grant? Not on top of it?

€2k price increase. €1.5k decreased grant. Overall price increase on MG4 after 1st July €3.5k🤢

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 471 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel