• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 shipping to Ireland

Last night I decided to email info@mg as 3 weeks ago dealer told me car had not been assigned a build no yet in the factory so emailed them last night and mg Ireland got back to me the next day telling me the car has been built and is awaiting next available shipping and will be arriving from today in 10 weeks between mid and end of June. Also said dealer will be updated. Finally information at last. Had ordered mid January.

Last edited:
Last night I decided to email info@mg as 3 weeks ago dealer told me car had not been assigned a build no yet in factory emailed them last night and mg Ireland got back to me the next day telling me the car has been build and is awaiting next available shipping and will be arriving from today in 10 weeks between mid and end of June. Also said dealer will be updated. Finally information at last. Had ordered mid January.
Congratulations on receiving the update about your car! I'm really happy for you. However, I'm a little disappointed with MG Ireland. Despite ordering my car the month before you, I still haven't received any information about my order. I'm starting to get frustrated that they can provide order updates and deliver cars to people who ordered after me.

I'm glad you got the information you needed, but it's frustrating for me as a customer to not receive any updates about my order. I hope I can get some information soon, but until then, I'll continue to wait patiently!!

Congratulations on receiving the update about your car! I'm really happy for you. However, I'm a little disappointed with MG Ireland. Despite ordering my car the month before you, I still haven't received any information about my order. I'm starting to get frustrated that they can provide order updates and deliver cars to people who ordered after me.

I'm glad you got the information you needed, but it's frustrating for me as a customer to not receive any updates about my order. I hope I can get some information soon, but until then, I'll continue to wait patiently!!
Sometimes, you need to prod someone to give you the info you want.

Did you email info@mg with your order number?

Did you email info@mg with your order number?
Yes, I have contacted them three times already (twice this week) to request updates on whether my car has been built and is waiting for the next available shipping, as well as to be given an estimated arrival date for my car. I have expressed my anger and disappointment at the fact that others who ordered after me have received more detailed information about their order and will receive their car before me. Despite this, I have yet to receive any clear updates on my own order.

Yes, I have contacted them three times already (twice this week) to request updates on whether my car has been built and is waiting for the next available shipping, as well as to be given an estimated arrival date for my car. I have expressed my anger and disappointment at the fact that others who ordered after me have received more detailed information about their order and will receive their car before me. Despite this, I have yet to receive any clear updates on my own order.
Hi Skellers, I have had the same experience as yourself I am afraid. I emailed info@mg too during the week and have had no response yet. I have a deposit paid since early January also, ordered a white Exclusive model. The lack of clear communications is really poor, they dont seem to have any issue taking bookings each week though :(

Hi Skellers, I have had the same experience as yourself I am afraid. I emailed info@mg too during the week and have had no response yet. I have a deposit paid since early January also, ordered a white Exclusive model. The lack of clear communications is really poor, they dont seem to have any issue taking bookings each week though :(
Sadly, a salesman's job is to sell, not chase missing deliveries. 🤷‍♂️

I just dropped MG Ireland an email last night, and they got back to me today.
My order was placed on 02/02/23 and is currently at sea expected to land in Ireland 31st may. I’ll ask the dealer how long it usually takes to get from docks to the holding area then delivered to them but I expect it will be 4-5 weeks from previous experience.
MG said the dealer should have all this info but the last update I got a couple of weeks ago was it was being built, so he obviously didn’t check for up to date info.
If you’re wondering where your order is give MG a shout with just your name, address and email and the car you ordered. That was enough for them.

I just dropped MG Ireland an email last night, and they got back to me today.
My order was placed on 02/02/23 and is currently at sea expected to land in Ireland 31st may. I’ll ask the dealer how long it usually takes to get from docks to the holding area then delivered to them but I expect it will be 4-5 weeks from previous experience.
MG said the dealer should have all this info but the last update I got a couple of weeks ago was it was being built, so he obviously didn’t check for up to date info.
If you’re wondering where your order is give MG a shout with just your name, address and email and the car you ordered. That was enough for them.
I am glad to hear that you received a prompt response from MG Ireland regarding your order. I am most def envious of your forthcoming updates on the delivery status of your car, especially since my order was placed at least a month before yours.

I would be grateful if you could kindly share with me the contact number you used to get in touch with MG Ireland.

Sadly, a salesman's job is to sell, not chase missing deliveries. 🤷‍♂️
Understand that but someone should have control of the communication process to customers, a salesman is direct point of contact to the customer at the end of the day. Hopefully I will hear directly from MG on it over the next couple of days like the rest of the guys on here.

I am glad to hear that you received a prompt response from MG Ireland regarding your order. I am most def envious of your forthcoming updates on the delivery status of your car, especially since my order was placed at least a month before yours.

I would be grateful if you could kindly share with me the contact number you used to get in touch with MG Ireland.
[email protected] just drop them an email with where you ordered from, your car spec and contact details and they should be able to tell you. Hopefully you get a good update!

Understand that but someone should have control of the communication process to customers, a salesman is direct point of contact to the customer at the end of the day. Hopefully I will hear directly from MG on it over the next couple of days like the rest of the guys on here.
I totally agree. Should be some sort of website update.showing the process. At the end of the day we are spending 30k and more.

€29500 starting now in Ireland. I'm not sure if that includes the reduction in grant. If it does they added another 500 for good measure? This price would have given me pause before ordering at least.

Attachments

• 7BA39920-5F3D-464B-B105-02CC98F57D06.png
    7BA39920-5F3D-464B-B105-02CC98F57D06.png
    455.7 KB · Views: 50
€29500 starting now in Ireland. I'm not sure if that includes the reduction in grant. If it does they added another 500 for good measure? This price would have given me pause before ordering at least.
All prices on the MG site are always quoted NET of the grant, so €29500 it is :)
As of yesterday, I have cancelled my red MG4 Exclusive order so someone is higher up the list to receive one in FK. Went with a different (second-hand) car in the end.

I ordered an MG4 Excite Long Range in December, contacted the dealer in early March and early April to see if there was any news on delivery. Was just told that they couldn't track it as it was still in production. So, on the advice of this forum, I dropped a line to MG.ie, got a reply just over 24 hours later telling me that my car was built and shipped last week and that current timeline for shipping is 10 weeks so should get it around 10th June! They also informed my dealer with the same information - the dealer has not contacted me. Still, can start to plan the new arrival!!

Like Filban, I also ordered an MG4 Excite Long Range in late December that had originally an estimated April delivery date.

I'm happy to say that MG has recently confirmed that my car has been built and is expected to arrive in Ireland by the end of June or early July. In addition, my car dealer reached out to MG Ireland, who informed them that my car has been shipped and is scheduled to land in Ireland on June 20th. Finally, I can start planning for the arrival of my new car!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 425 79.9%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back