MG4 shipping to Ireland

That's some delay. If it is a 2 month delay then it probably didn't even ship, the ferry takes 6-8 weeks. I wonder what happened with your car.
yeah its a strange one alright...

I dont mind too much, they will be losing more money on my trade in though, they've locked in a price based on 20,000km on the clock but have told me now not to worry about the mileage as I'm at 19,900 now...with a round trip to Cork to come in 2 weeks! already had all my charging stops sorted for it as well!

Linders Finglas have confirmed the shipping delay. My car was due May 31st but has now been pushed back to July 31st so will likely be mid August for delivery.
Thats exactly what Frank Keane told me too Bridub :( Looking at a second hand Model 3 if the price is right. Losing the will waiting on MG

Thats exactly what Frank Keane told me too Bridub :( Looking at a second hand Model 3 if the price is right. Losing the will waiting on MG
Its a strange one because MG themselves told me it was on the boat and due in docks on 31st May...so either it didnt get on the boat, or they were sent to UK or europe to shore up demand there and we have to wait on the next batch due in

Ordered my long range excite on 4th November 2022. Not a sniff!
I recently had a conversation with my dealer in Cork, and it seems that they are facing significant challenges due to various factors. Firstly, they have experienced a recent departure of a member from the MG sales team. Additionally, they are dealing with a high volume of orders, exceeding 200.

Based on my past experiences, I recommend contacting them via email and phone to request an update. This seems to be a common issue, not limited to MG dealerships. It appears that many dealerships lack a customer-centric system or process to efficiently handle the entire car-buying journey. It's possible that they are dependent on outdated and complex systems that would require significant investment to modernise. Unfortunately, this situation has resulted in the current state of affairs.

Yes! Ordered the exact same, price was 31,845 plus 700 for grey paint and 1000 for dealer 'protection pack' (car matts, paint protection and some insurance top up if you write the car off in the first 12 months so you get full price of car).
My total price was exactly the same but the breakdown is different. €32,045 for the LR SE model and €500 for the grey paint which is now called Urban Grey and not Camden Grey. BTW I just learned today that the car is in the country and I will be getting it next month. Ordered early December last.

My total price was exactly the same but the breakdown is different. €32,045 for the LR SE model and €500 for the grey paint which is now called Urban Grey and not Camden Grey. BTW I just learned today that the car is in the country and I will be getting it next month. Ordered early December last.
My car was due today (20th) but got a call yesterday to say that it won't be available until end of July/early August. Delayed due to sheer volume of cars coming in.

My car was due today (20th) but got a call yesterday to say that it won't be available until end of July/early August. Delayed due to sheer volume of cars coming in.
That's rubbish. Who was that through?

I called about mine in Linders Finglas and they said that I have a chassis number alongside my name, so hopefully I'll get mine at the start of July

I called about mine in Linders Finglas and they said that I have a chassis number alongside my name, so hopefully I'll get mine at the start of July
My orders been in place since Mid January with Linders, Finglas. If it helps I spoke with them recently as was previously advised ship arriving 31/05/2023. I contacted them after this date as I didn't hear anything and they informed me shipment was not anticipated to arrive Mid-June due to delays. No word since. I'm hoping for delivery as early as possible as current car tax is up.

Frank Keane MG

Frank Keane MG
Up-date Got another call yesterday (no mention of the previous call) to arrange pick up of my car early July! Apparently they can handover 7 cars a day and the first two weeks were already fully booked up. So only a coupe of weeks to wait!

Up-date Got another call yesterday (no mention of the previous call) to arrange pick up of my car early July! Apparently they can handover 7 cars a day and the first two weeks were already fully booked up. So only a coupe of weeks to wait!
Great news! Can I ask which dealer you ordered with?

Great news! Can I ask which dealer you ordered with?
Apologies! Just noticed Frank Keane :)

Looks like Frank Keane have either mixed up your car for one arriving on the boat at end of July (which my Linders-ordered one is on), or have got one with the same trim/colour from another customer's cancellation and are giving it to you.

I got a call from Frank Keane on Wednesday evening confirming my SEAI grant for the car ahead of the reduction of the grant amount. You guys might want to check with your dealers to make sure its all been applied for ahead of July/August pick up

Here is my update from J&P Cork...

Thursday 22/06:
  • Confirmed that the car is in the country and delivery has been requested from MG Ireland.
  • NVD delivers the cars for J&P down to Cork.
  • Once the car arrives, it is needed for an additional 48 hours before they will contact customers to organise delivery.

Monday 26/06:
  • More uncertainty regarding the arrival of the car.
  • According to J&P, 850 MG's arrived in Ireland last Tuesday June 20th, but they still need to go through customs.
  • After the customs clearance, it can take up to 10 days for the car to be delivered to Cork.

I honestly thought I'd have the car by July 7th but now have the feeling I'd be lucky to get it before the end of July!

I called this morning about mine and I'm much the same as you. They told me that the car is in the country, waiting inspection, and a slot on a transporter. My car isn't on the list for this yet. Once it is moved onto that list they are looking at a week to get to site.

I was told that it is likely to be 2-3 more weeks before I get the car. I was also not given any confidence that it's coming in any order. I was told 200 are in the area waiting and mine will get seen to when it does (which is a lot less than you being told 850). Nothing else to do but wait.

I might have been foolhardy here but I was expecting for it to be a week from 20th / 22nd of June, not 3-4 weeks.

I ordered my volcanic orange exclusive model back early March- was told August delivery originally but apparently it was on the June shipment and the dealer told me I should have it before the end July. Meant to be getting a tow bar installed as well so we’ll see if that happens in time for collection.

I see some of the ones arriving to customers in the UK now are the 2023 model, with the larger wheels, rear wiper and headrest, but no black roof.
Wonder if any of the ones arriving into Ireland will be the same?
Not too fussed on the wiper/roof colour, but the larger wheels look good IMO.

Also have one-pedal driving, possibly something that can be done via software update with the older model though?

I see some of the ones arriving to customers in the UK now are the 2023 model, with the larger wheels, rear wiper and headrest, but no black roof.
Wonder if any of the ones arriving into Ireland will be the same?
Not too fussed on the wiper/roof colour, but the larger wheels look good IMO.

Also have one-pedal driving, possibly something that can be done via software update with the older model though?
My dealer sent me a pic of the delivery that just arrived and they are the 2023 models. I didn’t know that about the one pedal driving- where are people finding these details?

Interesting, wonder if all of them will be the 2023 models, or just certain trims/colours?
Mine is on the boat scheduled for end of July, kind of hoping it's the new model now.

In the last page of the "New MG Shipment" thread, someone posted photo/info of their one that just arrived, mentioned one-pedal driving.
Someone on this FB group got theirs yesterday, also the new model, and mention one-pedal driving in the comments, also that they have the latest R40 software version (newest available to dealers at the moment is R36 I think) (might need to join the group to see):

Last edited:
Got a call from Linders today, car will be ready for collection next weekend (originally told it'd be early August). Ordered in February.
I see on Facebook some other people seem to be getting theirs over the next two weeks too, looks like the cars on the boat that docked last week are filtering through now.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back