MG4 shipping to Ireland

Did they tell you if you have a 2023 car with the headrest, wiper, and new wheels?

I spoke with Linders the other day and they told me that he would put me on the list and I was 19th of 30, but they wouldn't confirm the day or even if I will get on next weeks transport.

The thing is, they are rushing us to pick up as soon as they are delivered, but I cant just drop everything and go when I get a call. There should be a better way of organising this.

He said it wasn't, as those were only ones ordered from April onwards, after the price increase, however I see a few people online saying that they ordered with the old price, and got the new model, including here in Ireland, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if it's the new model when I turn up on the day.
Don't really care about the headrest, wiper, roof, but like the new wheels and one-pedal driving (along with newer infotainment), so would be happy if it was the new model.

I had a call from Linders last week. Order placed in Mid-January. Car will be ready to pick up next weekend. Unclear if it's a newer model or not as I wasn't aware the newer one was a thing until yesterday. Apparently there is only room in the yard to accommodate 30 cars. They therefore cannot take in anymore orders until the 30 are gone. Similarly with my work schedule I can't just drop and go. I've found Linders to be pretty responsive though with any queries.

He said it wasn't, as those were only ones ordered from April onwards, after the price increase, however I see a few people online saying that they ordered with the old price, and got the new model, including here in Ireland, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if it's the new model when I turn up on the day.
Don't really care about the headrest, wiper, roof, but like the new wheels and one-pedal driving (along with newer infotainment), so would be happy if it was the new model.
Any pictures available of the new wheels? Exciting

Any pictures available of the new wheels? Exciting
Post here in the UK shipment thread:

Another here taken from FB:

Those are the covers.
Haven't seen any reliable photos of the actual alloys underneath for UK/Ireland models, only photo I've seen is from some French cars on a French forum.

Post here in the UK shipment thread:

Another here taken from FB:

Those are the covers.
Haven't seen any reliable photos of the actual alloys underneath for UK/Ireland models, only photo I've seen is from some French cars on a French forum.

I seen a video on YT yesterday evening from France I believe. Wheels underneath the covers are pretty ugly. No better or worse really than what's underneath the 2022 model.
1688482230841.png

Did they tell you if you have a 2023 car with the headrest, wiper, and new wheels?

I spoke with Linders the other day and they told me that he would put me on the list and I was 19th of 30, but they wouldn't confirm the day or even if I will get on next weeks transport.

The thing is, they are rushing us to pick up as soon as they are delivered, but I cant just drop everything and go when I get a call. There should be a better way of organising this.
I was told by J&P that mine would be the MY23, ordered early Jan and was originally told May, then June, now July, but it'll probably be August 🤣

Described as 18" alloys, headrest and body coloured roof, no mention of the wiper, one pedal driving and software upgrade but saw that on the FB Post too and all sounds promising

I was told by J&P that mine would be the MY23, ordered early Jan and was originally told May, then June, now July, but it'll probably be August 🤣

Described as 18" alloys, headrest and body coloured roof, no mention of the wiper, one pedal driving and software upgrade but saw that on the FB Post too and all sounds promising
I'm excited to share that my car, which I ordered from J&P in December 2022, has finally arrived. It was delivered yesterday, although I haven't had a chance to take it for a proper drive yet. Initial observations indicate that it is the MY23 version with the additional features, such as the back wiper and one pedal driving.

However, I did notice that the car has 17" alloys instead of the 18" ones that were described. The specific tire model is Continental Premium Contact 215/50R17 V XL.

There are a couple of issues that I need to address with J&P. Firstly, there is a noticeable scratch on the driver's door. Secondly, the "diamond brite interior and exterior" protection appears to be of poor quality, with visible water marks, especially on the inside. I am also concerned about the presence of rust on the wheels, as others have reported this as well.

I will be contacting J&P to report these concerns.

Attachments

• MG4 Back.jpeg
    MG4 Back.jpeg
    556.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Mg4 Tyre.jpeg
    Mg4 Tyre.jpeg
    610.9 KB · Views: 98
  • MG4 Water marks.jpeg
    MG4 Water marks.jpeg
    515.6 KB · Views: 90
  • MG4 Door Scratch .jpeg
    MG4 Door Scratch .jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 94
  • MG4 Rust.jpeg
    MG4 Rust.jpeg
    513.1 KB · Views: 91
However, I did notice that the car has 17" alloys instead of the 18" ones that were described. The specific tire model is Continental Premium Contact 215/50R17 V XL.
The SE has 17", the Trophy 18".

Interesting to see some detailing on the plastic door protector, haven't seen it outlined like that anywhere else. I seem to be the only person that thinks it makes a big difference to the look of the car.

I'm excited to share that my car, which I ordered from J&P in December 2022, has finally arrived. It was delivered yesterday, although I haven't had a chance to take it for a proper drive yet. Initial observations indicate that it is the MY23 version with the additional features, such as the back wiper and one pedal driving.

There are a couple of issues that I need to address with J&P. Firstly, there is a noticeable scratch on the driver's door. Secondly, the "diamond brite interior and exterior" protection appears to be of poor quality, with visible water marks, especially on the inside. I am also concerned about the presence of rust on the wheels, as others have reported this as well.

I will be contacting J&P to report these concerns.
I wonder if you could tell me if you got the 3 pin charger/plug with your delivery? There's been no mention of this with my dealer so unsure If I need to purchase this when collecting Saturday. Thanks in advance.

I wonder if you could tell me if you got the 3 pin charger/plug with your delivery? There's been no mention of this with my dealer so unsure If I need to purchase this when collecting Saturday. Thanks in advance.
You should get one of the chargers. It is likely to be a 3-pin plug socket charger (granny cable), but you could be lucky and get the Type 2 charger cable. Most people now are getting the 3-pin charger.

You need to let us know what your car is like and if it is the 2022 or 2023 edition.

You should get one of the chargers. It is likely to be a 3-pin plug socket charger (granny cable), but you could be lucky and get the Type 2 charger cable. Most people now are getting the 3-pin charger.

You need to let us know what your car is like and if it is the 2022 or 2023 edition.
Most definitely. I can't wait to get myself into it. I'll make sure to update with images :)

I confirmed with Linders Finglas that all cars are coming with a granny charger and a type2-type2 charger, as well as mats.

He also said about 50% of the new cars coming in are the my23 update model, so it seems to be luck of the draw depending on your colour ordered what you will get! Personally the only thing I like about the update is the wheels, but I’ll likely put different 18’s on it regardless

I confirmed with Linders Finglas that all cars are coming with a granny charger and a type2-type2 charger, as well as mats.

He also said about 50% of the new cars coming in are the my23 update model, so it seems to be luck of the draw depending on your colour ordered what you will get! Personally the only thing I like about the update is the wheels, but I’ll likely put different 18’s on it regardless
I think I am the only person who wants the option of the headrest. I take the point it limits the rear view window, but I can easily remove the headrest when no one is there and when someone needs to sit in the middle seat, they have increased safety.

It is great if we get 2 cables and the mats, that will be a great bonus. Mine is grey executive LR and I will hopefully get the new model. I will know soon enough...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back