MG4 shipping to Ireland

I ordered mid-Feb.
Emailed MG Ireland on Sunday, got this reply Monday:

"Thank you for contacting MG Ireland, we are expecting to receive the next allocation of produced vehicles sometime this week form the factory, I would expect your vehicle will be part of this batch.

Once we have this information, we will be able to give an ETA for the vehicle to land into Ireland.

We will update your dealer with this information as soon as we receive it, and they will be in touch with an update."

I'll email again in a couple of weeks, hopefully mine will also be mid/late June.

I totally agree. Should be some sort of website update.showing the process. At the end of the day we are spending 30k and more.
Hi guys, got an email direct from MG Ireland that might help a few here. Not the result I was expecting but at least it is a delivery date/month.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, your car has not been completed yet by the factory (up to March production). They have indicated to us that it should be included in April production in which case the car will arrive to Ireland in July. We have seen a large order volume for MG4 Exclusive in white which is why it is taking longer than expected to receive your car. Other colour/trims are available sooner. Your dealer can inform you in early May if your car was actually produced in April.

In terms of the SEAI grant, if your dealer applies for the grant in June, you will have 4 months to draw down on this grant even if the registration of the vehicle happens after 30th June. You will have plenty of time to avail of the full €5,000 grant assuming the grant is applied for before the deadline.

Nice one.
It's the wait and the not known that's killing me. I wish I could log on and see, even if it is the same message.

My car is due an NCT in August and tax in July. The plan was for the car to be ready in June, but the later it goes on the more likely I'm going to have to NCT and tax the car I'm in. First world problems eh!?

I got an email yesterday from Linders Finglas, and had a chat with my Sales rep. My car is due in 31st May and will be registered before that. They are expecting 300 cars to them just in May! These are mainly build to order from after December.

He said they are trying to get all of them PDI'd and a full charge at the delivery depot so they dont have to do it in the garage, and if a customer cant collect their car within a couple of days of it landing in the garage they have to release it to another customer that got the same spec, as they simply dont have the room to store the 20 or so a week they are getting! he said he will be delivering about 50 to customers a week now!

the system is being updated hourly by MG, so when your car rolls off the ferry and it scanned into the holding depot for PDI it will come up on the dealer system, so if you are waiting for info, ring your dealer, they have the info!

for those waiting hopefully the huge influx will be one of your cars!

I called Linders today. Mine is due to arrive 20th June and then he said it takes a week to get to them. He also said that it would be a July reg car, so they must be holding them for a lot of people around this time for the July plates.

I was getting annoyed that they aren't contacting me at all. It is me that's doing the chasing and waiting for them to call me back.

I ordered mid Jan, Exclusive in Grey.

I called Linders today. Mine is due to arrive 20th June and then he said it takes a week to get to them. He also said that it would be a July reg car, so they must be holding them for a lot of people around this time for the July plates.

I was getting annoyed that they aren't contacting me at all. It is me that's doing the chasing and waiting for them to call me back.

I ordered mid Jan, Exclusive in Grey.
Was told also that mine would be arriving on the 20th of June and take about 2 weeks to get car ready. Had ordered also mid Jan.

I have confirmation that there is a shipment coming to Ireland June 20th and July 31st.
It will take a week or two post arrival before you can collect them at the dealer.
Just heard from my dealer mine is on the 31st July ship so likely early August collection

On April 17th last an employee in MG Ireland emailed me to confirm my car had been produced and was currently at sea. Latest ETA into Ireland was May 31st. I just called the dealer and was told that the shipment was delayed and wouldn't be arriving into Zeebrugge until June 12th and it would be some days later that it is would arrive in Ireland. He suggested a July Reg for the car.

BTW I ordered a grey Long Range Standard MG4 in December 2022, did anyone else here purchase the same model around the that time and what were you charged?

On April 17th last an employee in MG Ireland emailed me to confirm my car had been produced and was currently at sea. Latest ETA into Ireland was May 31st. I just called the dealer and was told that the shipment was delayed and wouldn't be arriving into Zeebrugge until June 12th and it would be some days later that it is would arrive in Ireland. He suggested a July Reg for the car.
I wonder if it was Linders in Finglas? I had a call from them re my order advising it was touching down 31/05. Was hoping it wouldn't be delayed as my current car tax is up the end of May.

BTW I ordered a grey Long Range Standard MG4 in December 2022, did anyone else here purchase the same model around the that time and what were you charged?
Yes! Ordered the exact same, price was 31,845 plus 700 for grey paint and 1000 for dealer 'protection pack' (car matts, paint protection and some insurance top up if you write the car off in the first 12 months so you get full price of car).

Linders Finglas have confirmed the shipping delay. My car was due May 31st but has now been pushed back to July 31st so will likely be mid August for delivery.

Linders Finglas have confirmed the shipping delay. My car was due May 31st but has now been pushed back to July 31st so will likely be mid August for delivery.
That's some delay. If it is a 2 month delay then it probably didn't even ship, the ferry takes 6-8 weeks. I wonder what happened with your car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 485 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back