MG4 shipping to Ireland

I believe MG has limited capacity to make MG4s at the moment and they are selling very well so they might as well raise prices.
they are selling insanely well, Linders in Finglas was selling 10 a day and up to 15 a day on a Saturday. thats one Dublin dealer, imagine adding in all the UK and European dealers. They cant make them fast enough. they may as well succumb to capitalism and make some extra money! :p /s

they are selling insanely well, Linders in Finglas was selling 10 a day and up to 15 a day on a Saturday. thats one Dublin dealer, imagine adding in all the UK and European dealers. They cant make them fast enough. they may as well succumb to capitalism and make some extra money! :p /s
I might too then and sell a 6 month old MG4 trophy for the same price.

I wonder where the limit is. Trying to imagine at what point my attention would have swayed to a Megane or Kona.

I wonder where the limit is. Trying to imagine at what point my attention would have swayed to a Megane or Kona.
neither of those appeal to my aesthetics. pure looks for me, and tbh all teslas are looking too common these days. it likely would be the ioniq 5/ kia ev6 for me. ioniq 6 if it looks good in person .

neither of those appeal to my aesthetics. pure looks for me, and tbh all teslas are looking too common these days. it likely would be the ioniq 5/ kia ev6 for me. ioniq 6 if it looks good in person .
Ya. Nice. But a big jump in price. Id take either of um if the price was reasonable. Even the Ionic 5 is gone over 40 now.

The only other car I was looking at was the Astra e, but that looks like it could be going towards 48k…for an electric hatchback is absolutely insane imo.

39k is still a decent price for a well spec’d electric hatch and as nice as the Astra looks in photos it doesn’t look as good in person as the MG

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you all an update on my experience. To provide some context, I placed a deposit in December 2022, with an expected delivery date of April 2023…so I’ve been waiting 107 days.

I recently got an email from MG Ireland, saying that they have not received any information that my car has been manufactured yet. Nevertheless, they have started getting larger allocations from the factory every month and have expressed confidence that my car will be built and shipped this month. Shipping usually takes 8-10 weeks from the factory, so I'm hoping to receive my car by June at the latest.

I know that many of you are also waiting for your MG4, so please share your own journey. I will be following up with them this week to see if there's any new update.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you all an update on my experience. To provide some context, I placed a deposit in December 2022, with an expected delivery date of April 2023…so I’ve been waiting 107 days.

I recently got an email from MG Ireland, saying that they have not received any information that my car has been manufactured yet. Nevertheless, they have started getting larger allocations from the factory every month and have expressed confidence that my car will be built and shipped this month. Shipping usually takes 8-10 weeks from the factory, so I'm hoping to receive my car by June at the latest.

I know that many of you are also waiting for your MG4, so please share your own journey. I will be following up with them this week to see if there's any new update.
I am in exactly the same situation (December 22 order), the dealer when asked about deliveries is just giving me generalities. Has sent me a text saying that the car had been manufactured and was awaiting dispatch and then did not reply when I asked how long shipping took. I want to contact MG directly, what email address did you use to get a reply?

I placed my order mid January for a grey car. It should have a build spot and be a ready for shipping for a June / July delivery. I tried calling on Friday but no help from them as my sales person was off on holiday (no idea why the other person couldn't look it up, unless it was bad news). I will call again on Monday and let you know.

I placed my order mid January for a grey car. It should have a build spot and be a ready for shipping for a June / July delivery. I tried calling on Friday but no help from them as my sales person was off on holiday (no idea why the other person couldn't look it up, unless it was bad news). I will call again on Monday and let you know.
I did exactly the same. ordered mid-January, grey luxury. They said 6 months
I have been called and in the Netherlands they expect the car the 2nd of June now

I am in exactly the same situation (December 22 order), the dealer when asked about deliveries is just giving me generalities. Has sent me a text saying that the car had been manufactured and was awaiting dispatch and then did not reply when I asked how long shipping took. I want to contact MG directly, what email address did you use to get a reply?
I used [email protected] and it took around a week to get a response.

I spoke with my dealer in Linders. My grey exclusive that I ordered in mid Jan is in the factory being built. He said it should be complete soon. He said that since it hasn't been released by now it will most likely be a 232 plate (July pickup).

He said that he can only see if has been given a build slot and it is in the factory, it has been released, or its on a ferry. That's the only info they have.

I put a reminder in my calendar to apply the the government grant in June.

Reached out to Linders Finglas re my order placed mid Jan. My Excite SR is on the way with an 8-10 week lead time. Won't be impacted by price increase also. Am I required to apply for grant or is it the garage that applies for this? Any info appreciated.

Reached out to Linders Finglas re my order placed mid Jan. My Excite SR is on the way with an 8-10 week lead time. Won't be impacted by price increase also. Am I required to apply for grant or is it the garage that applies for this? Any info appreciated.
The garage should apply for the grant. You'll only have to tell them / force them in advance if it is moving into a July delivery date as this is when the grant falls to 3,500 euro. You'll be fine.

Hopefully it arrives on time, I'm a wee bit jealous yours is on route 😂

I thought as much. Hopefully it arrives on time. I wasn't hopeful given all the previous comments. The sooner the better. I don't want to be paying for any more road tax than I have to.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back