MG4 shipping to Ireland

I think I am the only person who wants the option of the headrest. I take the point it limits the rear view window, but I can easily remove the headrest when no one is there and when someone needs to sit in the middle seat, they have increased safety.

It is great if we get 2 cables and the mats, that will be a great bonus. Mine is grey executive LR and I will hopefully get the new model. I will know soon enough...
I confirmed with Linders Finglas that all cars are coming with a granny charger and a type2-type2 charger, as well as mats.

He also said about 50% of the new cars coming in are the my23 update model, so it seems to be luck of the draw depending on your colour ordered what you will get! Personally the only thing I like about the update is the wheels, but I’ll likely put different 18’s on it regardless
Sweet! You just saved me the call to Linders. I wasn't fussed about the other bits also. Was only really hoping for the bigger wheels. I'm collecting on Saturday and have rear privacy tint and gloss black roof being completed Monday morning. I'll you guys posted.

I think I am the only person who wants the option of the headrest. I take the point it limits the rear view window, but I can easily remove the headrest when no one is there and when someone needs to sit in the middle seat, they have increased safety.

It is great if we get 2 cables and the mats, that will be a great bonus. Mine is grey executive LR and I will hopefully get the new model. I will know soon enough...
To be honest I found the rear view out the window so bad on the test drive I’ve resigned myself to never looking out there! Reversing camera will do me for parking and I only need to know where I’m going the rest of the time!

I like the look without the wiper, I think it looks cleaner and I’ll keep some Rainex in the boot to clean it the odd time.

Seems like we get a better deal than the U.K. with regards to the mats and cables, it’s 99 pounds for dealer mats in the U.K.!

He said it wasn't, as those were only ones ordered from April onwards, after the price increase, however I see a few people online saying that they ordered with the old price, and got the new model, including here in Ireland, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if it's the new model when I turn up on the day.
Don't really care about the headrest, wiper, roof, but like the new wheels and one-pedal driving (along with newer infotainment), so would be happy if it was the new model.

He said it wasn't, as those were only ones ordered from April onwards, after the price increase, however I see a few people online saying that they ordered with the old price, and got the new model, including here in Ireland, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if it's the new model when I turn up on the day.
Don't really care about the headrest, wiper, roof, but like the new wheels and one-pedal driving (along with newer infotainment), so would be happy if it was the new model.
Hi I'm picking my trophy or I think it's called something else here in Dublin from frank keane in a couple of weeks and they confirmed it's the updated version I'm getting, so happy days,the long wait doesn't seem so bad now

Hi I'm picking my trophy or I think it's called something else here in Dublin from frank keane in a couple of weeks and they confirmed it's the updated version I'm getting, so happy days,the long wait doesn't seem so bad now
The alloys look good in the clip I posted and the wife will be happy as there are grab handles in the new one,really like the updated info screen with one peddle driving

The alloys look good in the clip I posted and the wife will be happy as there are grab handles in the new one,really like the updated info screen with one peddle driving
Just noticed you can set regen from the steering wheel buttons, mg have really taken peoples points on board

Just noticed you can set regen from the steering wheel buttons, mg have really taken peoples points on board
I agree. The shortfalls raised in a lot of the vids on YT have been addressed. The only real shortfall I think is wired Carplay. I'm hoping the dongle I picked up works well.

I agree. The shortfalls raised in a lot of the vids on YT have been addressed. The only real shortfall I think is wired Carplay. I'm hoping the dongle I picked up works well.
Have the upgraded models got heat pumps added, watched a Spanish clip on utube which started their cars have them,at least the trophy and long range std

Have the upgraded models got heat pumps added, watched a Spanish clip on utube which started their cars have them,at least the trophy and long range std
Stated that is

It is down to the national importer to decide, where one exists. MG UK decided that heat pumps were not needed (marginal benefits with our climate) and prioritised keeping the price down. Not sure who decides these things in Ireland but if the cars are imported via MG UK you will be stuck with their choices.

Edit: don't forget European cars are mostly LHD, so a different build sequencing in the factory.

Sweet! You just saved me the call to Linders. I wasn't fussed about the other bits also. Was only really hoping for the bigger wheels. I'm collecting on Saturday and have rear privacy tint and gloss black roof being completed Monday morning. I'll you guys posted.
I'm getting the long range se version . I asked linders to get the rear windows tinted obvously from a 3rd party but didnt know there was an option for the roof black. Are you getting a black wrap on on roof

I'm getting the long range se version . I asked linders to get the rear windows tinted obvously from a 3rd party but didnt know there was an option for the roof black. Are you getting a black wrap on on roof
Linders aren't doing the tint or the roof. I'm going to a third party myself to have this done. I don't believe they come with the black roof or rear privacy tint.

Was suppose to pick up the car today but asked linders could they organise the window tint so picking car up tomorrow instead. I be interested in getting the roof black. Can I ask where are you getting it done? And is it a plastic wrap ?

It's QZ tints in Coolmine Industrial estate. They've quoted me roughly €300 for gloss black vinyl wrap. Quote is an estimate until the see the car in person. Had to reschedule it for the following Saturday.

On a related note, and slightly OT, but is anyone thinking of getting PPF on theirs to protect the paintwork? I've seen a few comments saying that the paint is very soft on the MG4, thinking about getting the front end PFF'd, then maybe doing a basic ceramic coating myself on the rest.
Car Detail on the Long Mile Rd do it, and seem to be high quality (used by Beshoff Motors etc), but it's about €1000-€1500 for front end PPF. Haven't seen any other prices.

Hi All, delighted to say I have my collection date of my MG4 on 15th August and I am getting the newer MY23 version. Been a long journey but happy to now know when I am getting my hands on my new toy :)
how were they able to tell you it was the new model 2023 model. I was told by dealer he wouldn't know until it arrived in dealership. Picking mine up tomorrow

how were they able to tell you it was the new model 2023 model. I was told by dealer he wouldn't know until it arrived in dealership. Picking mine up tomorrow
Spoke to them yesterday over the phone, mentioned the bigger wheels, one pedal driving, no more black roof etc. Best of luck with your car Rudi

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back