MG4 shipping to Ireland

My car is good, I got the 2023 version. They applied that superguard or whatever, so wasnt the best with marks, but I can wipe them off. The plastic trim at the back will be an issue later though with marks. The one pedal driving is good, but it turns itself off after stopping / locking the car.

The car has good power and handles well. I kept the LKA on, it wasnt too bad to be honest, it is a jolt when you arent expecting but was good overall and I will keep it on I think.

My car is good, I got the 2023 version. They applied that superguard or whatever, so wasnt the best with marks, but I can wipe them off. The plastic trim at the back will be an issue later though with marks. The one pedal driving is good, but it turns itself off after stopping / locking the car.

The car has good power and handles well. I kept the LKA on, it wasnt too bad to be honest, it is a jolt when you arent expecting but was good overall and I will keep it on I think.
Is the info screen responsive or laggy

Picking mine up in Dublin Friday, white trophy or something else they call it here,updated version

Thanks a lot, I gave them a phone but they wouldnt insure me. The issue was that my no claims is on another car that I will sell later, so I technically dont have any no claims, therefore too big a risk. I managed to get sorted at the last minute with Allianz. Not the best quote but got me the car.
Glad you got it sorted. I was cutting it close getting through to my insurer.
Let us know when you pick it up and give us your thoughts. I’m loving it. Everyone that’s seen it has fallen in love with it and is super impressed

I find the screen fairly responsive. Not sure if it's due to the new software on the 2023 model. I have 3 small issues. One is two little bumps on the rear under belly. Probably fix that myself. The other small issue is android carplay not playing nice with the media as sometimes get the black screen and finally I agree the black back and rear side gloss panels are going to get scruffed. Other then that I think the car is amazing so smooth and not a rattle. Pokey aswell

Hi All,
Finally picked Excite SR yesterday, 2023 version, ordered last October.
Disappointed with both the dealer and MG with lack of communication over the last 9 months.

Gave her the once over this morning, -Battery terminal was just sitting on the battery post (10mm socket) to tighten also washer bottle not topped up.

Looking forward to getting to know this car.

Hi can anyone tell me if they have got the January orders or are we still at last year's back log I order in January and was told april still waiting

I picked mine up on Monday, LR Exclusive in grey and I ordered mid January. I ordered through Linders in Finglas.

You should call the seller as it takes 2 or 3 months to travel to you and then pickup. They should know where it is

Message to anyone who has collected their MG4. Has anyone seen any faults?
I got into the car this morning and there was an Auto Hold fault on the dash and auto hold wouldn’t work.
Turned the car off and back on again and fault has gone.
Worth checking in with the garage?

I had that fault once or twice when the car was new, never seen it since, could be the brakes bedding in.

If you keep getting it, have it checked at any garage, could need some lubrication on the brake sliders, some early cars were delivered dry.

I had that fault once or twice when the car was new, never seen it since, could be the brakes bedding in.

If you keep getting it, have it checked at any garage, could need some lubrication on the brake sliders, some early cars were delivered dry.
I've reached out to my dealer in the meantime. There'd be nothing they can do unless the fault is showing when I reach them. It's just happened the once so not overly concerned. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for your reply.

Message to anyone who has collected their MG4. Has anyone seen any faults?
I got into the car this morning and there was an Auto Hold fault on the dash and auto hold wouldn’t work.
Turned the car off and back on again and fault has gone.
Worth checking in with the garage?

I had that fault quite frequently when I first got the car, but much less often recently - only a couple of times in the last couple of months. One time it was raining and I wasn't in the mood to mess about so I just drove home without the auto-hold, keeping my foot on the brake pedal instead. The most recent occasion I was about to leave the house, but just got out of the car and back in again and the fault was gone.

There have been various theories about it being caused by depressing the brake too soon after getting into the car, before the infotainment screen has booted up, but there's no rhyme nor reason to it. On the most recent occasion I simply sat down in the car, didn't touch anything, and the auto-hold fault appeared.

It's a bit of a nothing-burger, and I'm reluctant to mention it to the dealer. There may be a fix with updated software, but since everything else is working, I'm thinking this isn't broke enough to risk "fixing" it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back