MG4 Software Update Thread

I should praise them for carrying out PDI checks thoroughly and responsively but equally I have sold my car too quickly does experienced a degree of inconvienience.

The dealer is between a rock and a hard place with this. Mine released the car too quickly and as a result ended up with it being rejected, and I too am in the situation of regretting selling my previous car when I did.

That was the same situation as me. It's still with the dealer. I have a loan ZS. I will be chasing them today but they are waiting for MG to tell them how to unf*ck it. Their demo car is also affected.

The alert is loud to the point of distraction and of course masks any other alerts.

I would be clear with them not to update anything that might cause this. Tbh I'd recommend telling them not to update anything and just sort your TPMS until they have tested the updates on a like model.
I'll call my dealership now. I contacted customer services to ask what the software updates do, the issue you have etc and as ALWAYS they never want to help. They just say go to the dealership you bought it from. Surely the main MG customer service team should know the unified answers instead of pointing you to the individual dealerships. I'll give an update once ive spoke to Chorley MG.

Collected my Trophy on Fri 11th it had all of the updates from that time and the driver alert has an error, no bongs from this at all, just the error triangle and the coffee cup showing continually.
Can you get us details of the version numbers on your system please? Would be good to know as further ammunition against my dealer to make sure they actually update my car when I take it back

So customer services don't know and service department at the dealership has no idea what is included in the software updates. So basically no one knows and was told we will just have to update and see how it goes. I said I have children and its my business car I need my car, I don't want it updated if it causes more problem. So in summary I either get it updated at my own risk or don't. I said that's not good enough when I've paid 32k for a car.

Can you get us details of the version numbers on your system please? Would be good to know as further ammunition against my dealer to make sure they actually update my car when I take it back
Not sure anything other than the infotainment can be viewed that's the standard R30. Didn't get any other info re versions at handover

Indeed!

1EB6ACF0-D346-4E7A-88DE-3735B0F20743.jpeg

I'm on R29 and have a list of niggles. I'm holding off on requesting any updates though because I can live with the silenced driver alerts for now. I don't want to not be able to disable audible alerts.

As mentioned on last night's podcast the version number displayed is only for the entertainment system.
The software versions for the various other systems can only be accessed by connecting a laptop with the correct software to the OBD port.

I've got a trophy running the R29 infotainment software, which isn't too bad but I'd like rid of the AA message so looking at asking, I collected it on the 8th Nov and it doesn't have the driver alert sensor so I'm safe with that.

The TJA has tried to kill me multiple times so I'd like the latest version of that as it's unusable atm, are dealers charging for updates, I assume not? I imagine they bill it back to MG UK? Haven't approached any yet to ask.

Cheers

As Miles said on the podcast.
Most of the update stuff is buried and only visible via the laptops used to update.
The only one you may see via the screen is the infotainment system software versions.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back