MG4 Software Update Thread

I now have R46 on my first edition Trophy.
I have the new style a/c control layout which I prefer

R46 has NOT cured my issues:
POIs still in Chinese
Cannot load Travel Plans
Cannot remove ‘message waiting’ icon
Car autonomously changes charging target from 80% to 100% (Probably not related to R46)

R46 has caused additional problems:
Infotainment screen sometimes fails to load up when starting car (need to press Home button to initiate it)
Apple CarPlay menu flits from left to right side of screen on a whim
Text on the screen is now tiny to the point of being almost invisible
Sorry to hear that
I haven't experienced those issues though I didn't have/notice them pre update either - only had car a week pre-update, I guess I'm lucky to have a proactive dealer.
As I've previously posted I have the Ph2 Trophy and the SW was updated from R33 to R46 and I'm happy it sorted the two main issues I had - constant Bluetooth pairing and lack of connectivity for iSmart, Nav and weather.
I would hope MG aren't just aiming newer updates towards Ph2 car issues, and then just rolling them out to Ph1 owners to appease their concerns of being left behind, while not actually addressing any Ph1 problems, or worse - the dealers are wrongly interpreting MG instructions/going on solo runs and applying Ph2 updates to Ph1 cars that may not be compatible
Relating to some of your specific issues, I e; CarPlay and setting travel plans, I haven't tried either so may have issues lurking im just not aware of yet, as for slow start up of the info system I have noticed some days I'd drive off and it takes 2-3 minutes to start, while most times it's only seconds, go figure! I've never tried using home button to kickstart it.

Beggars belief, I guess they are following a money saving agile approach with the consumer base as the testers rather than following a robust release management process internally. That results in 99 bugs, fix one.... end up with 127... rinse and repeat.
Hmmm, sounds like similar approach employed by a Company I won't name - they have brought out many versions of kinda glass panes.

Did r46 bring one pedal driving for phase 1 cars then?
Good question since 'wandle MG4 trophy' did say it gave him the new AC page/function, it would narrow down if OPD update is possible through the infotainment system alone or if additional devices need updates/changes.
(On Ph2 R33 OPD was already installed pre the R46 update)

R16 is the latest I'm aware of. I think a Phase 2 SE has come with R21.

I just got my car back this morning, after they did some software update for the BMS. Absolutely no idea what it did, the car was fine when it went in and it seems fine now, and I've just charged it on a CCS charger to make sure.

I practically threatened them with hellfire if they updated the infotainment software to R16, and thankfully it was still on R13 when I got it back, outside temperature display intact.

Does anybody know what was achieved with R16 other than to remove the outside temperature display?

Another question. I thought the two software versions were SE and Trophy, but some people are talking as if the SE LR has the same software as the Trophy, and it's the SE SR that's the odd one out. Can someone clarify?

Did it fix the bluetooth pairing and map freezing issues?
So far both BT problems and map freeze have gone. But the Bluetooth Key will open the car but will not start it

Did r46 bring one pedal driving for phase 1 cars then?
A quick look suggests no but will investigate later in the week

I don't think it ever started the car.
It seems to be just for "I left my glasses in the car and the car keys in the house, but my phone's in my pocket"
in the early days I tested my Trophy and it certainly did start up and drive with only the Bluetooth key. (The physical key was in a Faraday bag and did not open the car)

I wouldn't be surprised if OPD requires a hardware change on Ph1 cars.
I doubt it, the car already comes to a creep, and can stop completely if it detects a front collision, so there should not be any hardware required to stop.
Some sort of hardware component may need a software/firmware update though. Presumably whatever is controlling regen braking.

Hi, I have just received my new MG4 and wanted to know if I need a software update and how I go about it . I have attached the version numbers as displayed by my car . Thankyou.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 179

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member