MG4 Software Update Thread

It's also reverted to show the iSMART was running in the background message when you close the app. 🙄

Based on the feedback above ... v1.1.12 seems to have reverted to what v1.1.7 was. 😂

After having my infotainment update from R30 to R33 about a month ago, I'm plagued with the Bluetooth pairing issue. I have about 10 MG bluetooth devices on my android phone!

Car is going back in today. I'm hoping they can update to R46 like others appear to have had which clears this issue. Phase 1 car here.

Yeah still happens on R33 , but it can work for days on end but then lose pairing and do this for a day or two then work for days again. Really annoying.
That's what I see too. And sometimes it connects and I drive off then it disconnects and pops up asking for pairing!

Hopefully getting the update from R25 (because the useless dealership managed to downgrade it) to Rwhatever tomorrow, here’s hoping I don’t need a second replacement infotainment system
IMG_7216.jpeg

So that's what that page is supposed to look like...

MK1 Trophy, now upgraded to R33

That's what mine looks like (R13 on SE SR) except that the left and right segments are swapped round.
It looked like that when I first got it, but then when Glyn Hopkin bricked the infotainment system and took weeks to replace it, updating the software was just too much so I was left with an even buggier car than before

Back from dealer today regarding frequent re-pairing issue. Told R33 is latest for my model. They've raised a case with MG for next steps.

They factory reset and reinstalled software. Unfortunately next time I got into the car, the same thing happened. Reported back to dealer.

Very impressed with dealer though. Very friendly, thorough and haven't poo pooed me at all. Compared with others' experiences I obviously have a good one.

Here's hoping for a resolution from MG directly.

Back from dealer today regarding frequent re-pairing issue. Told R33 is latest for my model. They've raised a case with MG for next steps.

They factory reset and reinstalled software. Unfortunately next time I got into the car, the same thing happened. Reported back to dealer.

Very impressed with dealer though. Very friendly, thorough and haven't poo pooed me at all. Compared with others' experiences I obviously have a good one.

Here's hoping for a resolution from MG directly.
I Have reported this to my dealer since February. I have followed it up requesting an update but have been told that no specific update exists as yet for the Bluetooth unpairing. If you get one that works let us know so I can go back to them.

I’ve got a second appointment with the dealership to fix a remaining recall issue (it wouldn’t apply for some reason and I couldn’t leave the car there for them to re-attempt), so maybe it’ll be applied then anyway

I have noticed some posts stating that you need to service the car to do a software update.

I'm new to this game, and just got the car, the infotainment says I'm on the latest version.

So does that mean that software updates cannot be downloaded Over the Air normally (similar to phones)?

Do I need to go to a service dealer to confirm if I'm on the latest version?

Last edited:
I have noticed some posts stating that you need to service the car to do a software update.

I'm new to this game, and just go no MG4, saying I'm on the latest version.

So does that mean that software updates cannot be downloaded Over the Air normally (similar to phones)?

Do I need to go to a service dealer to confirm if I'm on the latest version?
Over the air updates are not available. The software can only be updated by a dealer.
If the car works for you I wouldn't worry if you have the latest updates or not as you might be swapping one bug for a different one.

There will be enough members on this site to inform you of the latest software versions, and the advantages / disadvantages of each, just ask the question and give the specific version of your MG4.

There will be enough members on this site to inform you of the latest software versions, and the advantages / disadvantages of each, just ask the question and give the specific version of your MG4.
Will def do so.

I'm sure it's easy to get the software version from the settings of the infotainment.. correct?

How would I know what specific version of my MG4 is. I know mine doesn't have a rear wiper and no middle headrest. Is that enough?

Will def do so.

I'm sure it's easy to get the software version from the settings of the infotainment.. correct?

How would I know what specific version of my MG4 is. I know mine doesn't have a rear wiper and no middle headrest. Is that enough?
The infotainment system version is the only one visible and will be Rxx

You will either have a Trophy or an SE with either the SR or LR battery.

Ok, here is my info.

I have the Trophy Version Phase 1 (no rear wiper).

Infotainment says: SWI68-29958-1300R30

What am I losing with the latest updates? Should I go for it at my dealership?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back