MG4 Software Update Thread

I guess it matches how ICE cars in metric use l/100km ? But I agree I find distance/unit_of_fuel a more useful/logical measure. But maybe that's because it what I'm used to?

I guess it matches how ICE cars in metric use l/100km ? But I agree I find distance/unit_of_fuel a more useful/logical measure. But maybe that's because it what I'm used to?
Perhaps, tho I have seen other EVs that do show km/kwh.
I just find myself doing the mental arithmetic whenever I look at it 🤔😂

That reminds me of a question someone might be able to answer for me relating to miles/km reading, but specifically on the efficiency pages on small dash/screen;
I'm based in Ireland so clock set to km but my efficiency shows in kwh/100km, if I change units in my settings page to miles the efficiency reads (IMO) the more useful value of miles/kwh, like I assume all UK cars show.
What I'd like to be able to display is km/kwh (like I've seen in other EVs) and would seem to make more sense,
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I don't see how to change it, or else MG have strangely decided to apply different efficiency data to different regions of cars.
Anyone know if this is changable option?
I believe that this is the common way in metric to show efficiency across certainly Europe and probably the rest of the world that uses metric measurements. I have certainly seen Tesla's displaying in this fashion and also numerous EV videos from Europe showing this measurement. I think it's only UK and possibly US that shows it as distance per kWh but that's only my thoughts , not pretending to know for sure.

Mental what??
Calculations/sums/maths 😉

I believe that this is the common way in metric to show efficiency across certainly Europe and probably the rest of the world that uses metric measurements. I have certainly seen Tesla's displaying in this fashion and also numerous EV videos from Europe showing this measurement. I think it's only UK and possibly US that shows it as distance per kWh but that's only my thoughts , not pretending to know for sure.
I can't say for all cars but I know the Kia's give the option to choose, below is screenshot from the Mrs E-niro

Attachments

• PXL_20230813_062743392.jpg
    PXL_20230813_062743392.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 116
You cannot change it without changing from imperial units to metric.

Nothing to do with software updates 🤭.
Thanks, but I think you have misread my question, I can and have switched between imperial and metric, efficiency display type is my issue/query
And if it's not selectable, it is possible it may be included in a future SW update, so not quite off topic if that's what ur saying. 😁

Only your dealer will have access to software updates and then most of the time they will have to connect the car to MG's servers
As far as I know purely infotainment upgrades are just done with a usb stick, however as for anyone other than a dealer getting access to those files -- absolutely not.

R40 only came installed on new cars direct from the factory, as far as I have seen. I don't believe it was ever available to dealers.
R46 was the next one available to dealers after R36, and is the current Trophy/Exclusive version.

The car is now a week old... so the list might get bigger sooner, I had only a few issues mainly with Android Auto:
  • Android Auto sometimes does not load and the screen stays black. Have to do an infotainment restart to work.
  • Android Auto very very laggy. Scrolling the page is with very painful. Not a good experience. Didn't find a fix for Android Auto even with different cables/phones. Saying that, the main OS is much snappier, although the touch response is a bit laggy, and could be better.
Just an update on the above issue;

I purchased x2 high end USB A to C 3.2 cables and the lagginess problem still persists. My Phone is a Nothing Phone 1, but I also tested a Pixel 7a, same issue.

Android Auto is almost unusable... however scrolling on the car UI is fine (not perfect). Black screen also persists sometimes.

You can see a video of my issue here. Anyone else suffered from this issue?

Help? I'm on r30.

Last edited:

I purchased x2 high end USB A to C 3.2 cables and the lagginess problem still persists. My Phone is a Nothing Phone 1, but I also tested a Pixel 7a, same issue.

Android Auto is almost unusable... however scrolling on the car UI is fine (not perfect). Black screen also persists sometimes.

Help?
Performance seems about the same as what I see on my car.

Thankfully most of the time you use Android auto the latency is not that relevant.

Help? I'm on r30.
Performance is apparently improved in later versions, I am also on R30 and have had a few issues but they are sorted by either replugging phone or resetting head unit (hold home down 10 seconds).

Definitely much quicker on my car (currently on R33), as mentioned above I'd try holding home for 10 sec but ultimately you're going to want to pester your dealer for at least R33 and preferable R46

Unfortunately bad news..... Looks like R46 does not fix the bluetooth problems as ours lost bluetooth today less than a week after the update :(
That's disappointing for MY22 models, just curious since it was ok for a week, did it make some improvement? Was unpairing frequency much worse pre update?
I'm probably oversimplifying it, but I would have thought they'd either found and fixed issue, Or not 🤨

Just FYI for anyone wondering (defo not gloating) but my MY23 has not unpaired since R46 update a month ago (was unpairing daily)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 531 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back