MG4 Software Update Thread

This'll be me and the missus passing a self driving Tesla...

Way back in the 60's I used to drive a Morris 8 convertible. I had collected a load of spares for it, including a spare steering wheel. I used to take that with me to hold out when doing hand signals (remember them?).

Way back in the 60's I used to drive a Morris 8 convertible. I had collected a load of spares for it, including a spare steering wheel. I used to take that with me to hold out when doing hand signals (remember them?).
I remember wobbling around the school playground for my cycling proficiency learning the hand signals and watching Tufty Club road safety films.

Just to make some of you feel old hand signals stopped being part of the driving test in 1975.

True, but early ID3's required a dealer visit to install an update that enabled OTA updates.
No reason the 4 couldn't get that update when in for servicing, the capability is there

Just a quick update following my MY22 Trophy update from 24 to 46 a month ago.

Bluetooth issue: totally fixed.
Android Auto black screen: 99% fixed - only happens if you try to overload it by moving from displaying camera feed to Android Auto. More importantly it can be corrected by leaving (pressing "home") and coming back, rather than having to turn the car off and lock it as I had to previously.

Also loving the revised climate control screen and the fact the front camera comes on when pulling forward during low speed maneuvers such as parallel parking.

The only troublesome things I have are:
1. Lane keep assist still turns itself back on, which is as intended but annoying.
2. The screen does not switch to dark mode reliably at night. This can be easily "fixed" by turning off the headlights and turning them back on again.

Very happy with the software now.

Just a quick update following my MY22 Trophy update from 24 to 46 a month ago.

Bluetooth issue: totally fixed.
Android Auto black screen: 99% fixed - only happens if you try to overload it by moving from displaying camera feed to Android Auto. More importantly it can be corrected by leaving (pressing "home") and coming back, rather than having to turn the car off and lock it as I had to previously.

Also loving the revised climate control screen and the fact the front camera comes on when pulling forward during low speed maneuvers such as parallel parking.

The only troublesome things I have are:
1. Lane keep assist still turns itself back on, which is as intended but annoying.
2. The screen does not switch to dark mode reliably at night. This can be easily "fixed" by turning off the headlights and turning them back on again.

Very happy with the software now.
Basically my feelings after the same being done on my vehicle.

Also, the 360 camera system closes very quickly if you have it enabled when indicating and no longer has a message saying its been closed due to high speed, or whatever it used to say.

I'm looking forward to our local MG garage's second attempt to update the software on our March '23 SE LR in a couple of weeks time. In the meantime, I've had a few 'ambient temperature is low, turn on battery heating?' messages come up on some of the hottest days of the year. Are many other people getting these?
IMG20230910181425.jpg

I'm looking forward to our local MG garage's second attempt to update the software on our March '23 SE LR in a couple of weeks time. In the meantime, I've had a few 'ambient temperature is low, turn on battery heating?' messages come up on some of the hottest days of the year. Are many other people getting these?View attachment 20071
That's a common message. Just press cancel.

Shouldn't we expect a new update soon? Haven't the R46 update been out for a while?
A couple of things come to mind, why do people think there should be constant updates?

And genuinely if a stable, non glitchy version was found, would they just leave it at that? Like most other manufacturers.

A couple of things come to mind, why do people think there should be constant updates?

And genuinely if a stable, non glitchy version was found, would they just leave it at that? Like most other manufacturers.
The car isn't even a year old. There should be constant fixes until it's perfect yes.

I agree , if my Bluetooth stayed paired and sat nav didn't freeze I would be happy to leave mine as is . I prefer the HVAC screen as it is . But I will push for R46 because I would like the Bluetooth fix.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back