MG4 Software Update Thread

Random door locking - I noticed that the other day. (I got out from the driver's seat and went round to the nearside rear door and it wouldn't open. Going back and pressing the unlock button on the driver's door resolved things). I think the only thing I did differently was to apply the handbrake before opening the driver's door rather than pressing the parking brake - but I've no idea if that is related.
Yep, that is exactly the same but I cannot replicate it. Never use the handbrake, so don't think that is linked...

So, is that an answer to Siteguru's issue?
I don't think so ... @Ian Key simply stated how it normally works.

In my case I didn't select Park (just applied the handbrake) and then opened (from the inside) the driver's door. The manual says that this action should put the car into Park. And if the All Doors settings is applied then opening the driver's door should unlock all doors - this is what didn't happen ... and the handbrake vs park observation was simply because this was the only variance from normal procedure I had made on that occasion. :)

The button I pressed to then unlock all doors was this one:

1694081418511.png

Yes, the issue is only when exiting the car having stopped. Literally get out the drivers door, try and open rear door for kids, and it won't unlock without toggling the locks - the key seems to be less effective than the one on the door panel above

MG haven't enabled OTA updates

It was certainly advertised as being able to do OTA updates.
Absolutely no chance that will happen anytime in the near future
I reckon it might take a year or so before they do enable it. When you consider that the dealers are updating the infotainment using a USB drive then it's not that big a step to OTA.

I reckon it might take a year or so before they do enable it. When you consider that the dealers are updating the infotainment using a USB drive then it's not that big a step to OTA.
Absolutely, it's eminently doable and I'm not just talking about infotainment updates I'm talking about all systems

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back