MG4 Software Update Thread

Great. Just checking you don't live next door to the dealer?
My current Renault dealer (Lookers Chester) sort of does this when servicing my Zoe while I'm at work in the next city over (Wrexham).
The mechanic arrives in another Zoe, leaves it in my office car park, and drives mine to the garage.
(The main difference is I don't need to go anywhere, so I don't get given his as a courtesy car.)
Then, when the work is done, he brings mine back and returns to Chester in his own.

Is there an unofficial list of changes in r33? On r30, waiting for drowsy alert to go away.
Yep. It’s back a few pages…

Yep. It’s back a few pages…

I’m on R33 for a week or so. Not seen the drowsiness alert once. Noticed today that if I cover the IR sensor no message re it being blocked either. I think the solution in R33 has been to disable it 🤔🙌

I’m on R33 for a week or so. Not seen the drowsiness alert once. Noticed today that if I cover the IR sensor no message re it being blocked either. I think the solution in R33 has been to disable it 🤔🙌
I was very happy to see my Trophy does not have the sensor at all. 😀

Presuming a certain learning curve the LKA might also bugger off soon. 🤣

This is good to hear. My dealer contacted me to book me back in for a new update for the driver monitor, presumably R33. I'm booked in next Thursday.

I'm on R29 - not chasing as everything works - car play yes - text message replies yes mg app on iPhone yes - So I'll 'wait' .... and watch this space - Thankfully mine did not have the sensor for the drowsy bong ....

This is good to hear. My dealer contacted me to book me back in for a new update for the driver monitor, presumably R33. I'm booked in next Thursday.
Also haven’t had to reboot once since I had the update, it was every other day previous 👍

edited to correct my non sensical grammar!

Last edited:
Picked up my Trophy last week. No problems that I'm aware of but noticed today that I'm on R29 despite being told all updates had been done. Is it worth the hassle of getting upgraded or to wait? Would this be anything to do with the comment that R33 is being withdrawan?
Thanks

If everything is working I wouldn't bother

Picked up my Trophy last week. No problems that I'm aware of but noticed today that I'm on R29 despite being told all updates had been done. Is it worth the hassle of getting upgraded or to wait? Would this be anything to do with the comment that R33 is being withdrawan?
Thanks
I too am on r29 and same all is fine .. So I'm holding off re R33 - what colour is yours ?

Thanks

I too am on r29 and same all is fine .. So I'm holding off re R33 - what colour is yours ?

Do you both have trophies without the camera on the steering column? Wondering if they are on updating those with it to R33.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back