MG4 Software Update Thread

It was a new version trophy though. Nothing to say the older ones will get it. I did try and ask but the only person I could see was busy all the time (bar the hired PR people)

Mine's a bit variable. Sometimes it picks up by itself, but sometimes it's very sluggish and takes its time to pick up speed. (I've also noticed it being quite sluggish to get down to 20 if I flick the speed down approaching a 20 mph zone.)

I did see something in the manual about a time limit. It will pick up normally when it's been stopped for a short period, but if the stop has been longer than a specific time, you will need to press the accelerator.

I think when I've seen it it's based on that time limit @Rolfe mentions but I rarely use it in traffic so not entirely sure.

I've also seen the auto-hold switch to handbrake after a period of time stationary as well, also mentioned in the manual but only seen it once...

I think when I've seen it it's based on that time limit @Rolfe mentions but I rarely use it in traffic so not entirely sure.

I've also seen the auto-hold switch to handbrake after a period of time stationary as well, also mentioned in the manual but only seen it once...
I've had it happen a couple of times while going through the local hand car wash.
I think it kicks in after 5 minutes or so.

New AirCon panel

Attachments

• IMG_4779.jpeg
    IMG_4779.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 414
Going to phone my local dealership tomorrow to see if they can do the software update to the latest version.

Getting annoyed with LKA trying to yeet me into hedgerows and smart key will never do keyless start.

I go my new MG4 Icon (X model) which is the equivalent to the Trophy model here in Thailand. Dealer has done all the software updates but my version shows R07?!?

I booked my 2 month old MG4 Trophy in to investigate zero regeneration showing on the battery screen and the dealer said that's fine it is due a recall software update. So I asked for details of the software update. This is what they told me: "carried out recall scuk001 reprogram bcm, fdr, evcc". No explanation. No briefing of what might be different about how the car handles or needs setting up when I drive. At least when I update my laptop I get an explanation of what the software changes are doing. And my re-gen still shows zero.

Again when we received our trophy back in October last year, the battery graph didn't work. They finally sent it to MGUK for repair. That's what they told us. As the garage had the car for 2.5 weeks.
When finally drove out of the garage all was well. But as time went on other items cropped up again like passing parked cars and the brakes applied automatically when cruise control was on. Still does it.

I've think that to get a regen number you have to do a long run or go up and down a lot. Did 178 miles in the rain yesterday through flat Lincolnshire and Norfolk and only got 3KW.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back