MG4 Software Update Thread

I’m not offering to help a woman change her tyre anymore. I got the whole “just because I’m a woman do you think I am incapable” crap. Although, replying “yes” didn’t exactly help.

That's just rude. And doing no favours to other women who might welcome help.

I remember having a flat tyre in a torrential thunderstorm somewhere in France when my mother was in the car. I managed to get to an unmanned petrol station and under the canopy, and set to work, hoping to impress my mother with my expertise. Five minutes later an English driver pitched up looking for petrol, took the whole thing out of my hands, and just did it.

I was slightly put out that I hadn't been able to show off to my mum, but honestly, I'm not going to turn down gallantry like that. And he was quicker and better at it than I would have been.

I would usually stop regardless if its a male or female. The jacks etc supplied with spare wheel kits are questionable on an EV with the extra weights and sometimes it would be better to call the AA. I have come accross very capable females (I work with many excellent female engineers) and not so capable males.

And that is the sign of a true gentleman. In a situation like that, anyone can use help, regardless of sex.

That's just rude. And doing no favours to other women who might welcome help.

I remember having a flat tyre in a torrential thunderstorm somewhere in France when my mother was in the car. I managed to get to an unmanned petrol station and under the canopy, and set to work, hoping to impress my mother with my expertise. Five minutes later an English driver pitched up looking for petrol, took the whole thing out of my hands, and just did it.

I was slightly put out that I hadn't been able to show off to my mum, but honestly, I'm not going to turn down gallantry like that. And he was quicker and better at it than I would have been.
I have learnt that honesty is indeed not the best policy 😂

I bought a spare wheel for my ZS from a forum member. I have also bought Tyreweld, as recommended by another forum member, rather than use the stuff supplied with the car. Tyreweld can be ‘washed out’ and the puncture repaired, I have been told, whereas the MG ‘gunk’ apparently renders the tyre useless.
If I should be unfortunate enough to get a puncture, I would call out the AA. I have changed a wheel before, but many years ago. I’m not going to attempt it now. I would, however, take off the aero cover - I have practised that!

I bought a spare wheel for my ZS from a forum member. I have also bought Tyreweld, as recommended by another forum member, rather than use the stuff supplied with the car. Tyreweld can be ‘washed out’ and the puncture repaired, I have been told, whereas the MG ‘gunk’ apparently renders the tyre useless.
If I should be unfortunate enough to get a puncture, I would call out the AA. I have changed a wheel before, but many years ago. I’m not going to attempt it now. I would, however, take off the aero cover - I have practised that!
Absolutely. I’d call my breakdown service, that’s what you pay them for.

EV ownership is great...until the mother-in-law gets one.... that's just happened to me and I am tech support 😵
Well, if it's an MG4 you could give her the e-mail address of a certain Mr Smart... 😁
Spare wheels have not been supplied with most cars for a few years now. Stupid idea.
I haven't seen a car delivered with a real spare tyre for at least a decade. That said, I never had a flat tyre myself in 28 years.
And that is the sign of a true gentleman. In a situation like that, anyone can use help, regardless of sex.
My wife on the other hand had a flat tyre once. She called me and I drove right off to help her. It was almost an hour drive away and mid-journey she called again that she had got bored and changed it herself. 😉

So what exactly are you trying to say???
Stick to the thread subject please.

No wishlists
No comparisons to other brands
No debates about whether a sensor should be calibrated following UKAS accredited or using NIST standards and if the temperature is reasonable to be displayed showing the tolerance and the uncertainty level because this other brand does it

No software updates of other models nor brands!

No tyre recommendations!

Just track and analyse the changes introduced by ACTUAL MG4 Software Upgrades.

Please

For the sake of balance, I own an MG ZS 1.5 Exclusive petrol vehicle that was purchased in 2018 for slightly less than £17,000 and it does not show the external temperature nor does it warn me of low temperature.

The temperature display was only available on the 2019 EV model of the ZS in the U.K after the Comfort Pack 2 was installed.

The temperature display would be shown in the top right hand corner of the infotainment unit's screen next to the clock.

Petrol
1691443579509.png

ZS EV pre-comfort pack 2 installation.

1691443755656.png

After comfort pack 2 installation.

1691444916356.png

Last edited:
For the sake of balance, I own an MG ZS 1.5 Exclusive petrol vehicle that was purchased in 2018 for slightly less than £17,000 and it does not show the external temperature nor does it warn me of low temperature.

The temperature display was only available on the 2019 EV model of the ZS in the U.K after the Comfort Pack 2 was installed.

The temperature display would be shown in the top right hand corner of the infotainment unit's screen next to the clock.

Petrol
View attachment 19469

ZS EV pre-comfort pack 2 installation.

View attachment 19470

After comfort pack 2 installation.

View attachment 19472
Great info, thanks. Refer to post #1432 😀

My car is due in for a software update. Is R46 available on the 2022 model trophy?

I believe it is based on a couple of previous posts mixed in with the non-update chat. Be interested to hear if you get/got R46 and your experiences with it, especially around the BT pairing issues (if you experienced those on whatever previous version you had)...

I reported my BT issues to the dealer before R46 was 'available', assuming it is widespread, but not a huge amount of info here it seems on how that update is going for people...

Last edited:
Trolling. Don't come on an MG forum and boast about how your non MG is better
Y
Great info, thanks. Refer to post #1432 😀
You are all going to get a row!!

My software is brilliant compared to the mgs, love OTA updates and I fell my tyres are really good although they are 20's I also have an outside temp gauge!

@Crawfyp how do you find your Tesla compared to the MG4😉

@Crawfyp how do you find your Tesla compared to the MG4😉
As you’ll imagine, I had read a million forum posts prior to collecting. Some complaining re the firm ride, some moaning about the stereo and other odds and sods. The car has way exceeded my expectations. For me, the ride is a fraction harder than the MG but I think it handles way better when pushed and I like that, steering not so fidgety for example and the ride feels good to me. The auto pilot is another level. A joy to use, completely smooth when braking and accelerating. No more LKA to switch off, if I want auto steering it’s a quick pull on the right stalk and away we go. Car feels properly premium inside (as it should at this price) and the software is so well thought out. Driving home from collection my son said “you haven’t stopped smiling since you got in this” and that’s how I feel, properly chuffed. I liked my MG4 but I never got the same feeling with it that I have now.

Now, and to stay on topic so I don’t get shot down in flames 😉. I’m about to call dealer to see if they can update a V1 Trophy software to one pedal driving, might help me sell it quicker.

Last edited:
As you’ll imagine, I had read a million forum posts prior to collecting. Some complaining re the firm ride, some moaning about the stereo and other odds and sods. The car has way exceeded my expectations. For me, the ride is a fraction harder than the MG but I think it handles way better when pushed and I like that, steering not so fidgety for example and the ride feels good to me. The auto pilot is another level. A joy to use, completely smooth when braking and accelerating. No more LKA to switch off, if I want auto steering it’s a quick pull on the right stalk and away we go. Car feels properly premium inside (as it should at this price) and the software is so well thought out. Driving home from collection my son said “you haven’t stopped smiling since you got in this” and that’s how I feel, properly chuffed. I liked my MG4 but I never got the same feeling with it that I have now.

Now, and to stay on topic so I don’t get shot down in flames 😉. I’m about to call dealer to see if they can update a V1 Trophy software to one pedal driving, might help me sell it quicker.

Very nice…your just making me want a Tesla even more, anything is better than this heap of junk called MG4

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back