MG4 Software Update Thread

Mine does that occasionally but then disappears. Perhaps linked to shutting down with AC activated. Gilbotron does your AC screen stay on or disappear automatically?

Anyone else with R46 finding that the HVAC menu automatically opens when you go in to "ready". Not really an issue, just seems pretty random to me...

Otherwise, all good. Bluetooth works fine now it seems, which was my biggest inconvenience.
Yes, and it seem to disappear automaticly when the car does something like reversing or turning in to the mainroad from my driveway (turning signal at low speed and reversing turns on 360 camera).

If not using turn signal so the 360 camera turn the HVAC screen stays up.

I actually like it staying up when the car go in to ready mode, here (Norway) the autumn has come and outside temperatures are droping so seat heat and steering wheel heat is the first I want to put on, even before changing drive mode (I use custom with everything in standard exept steering is set to sport to get better feel at and around senter). The LKA set to warning only I have used religously I now try to only use when it's raining because the car sometimes freaks out when it see cracks in the tarmac or water in the tracks in our beautiful maintained country roads (yes, that is meant ironcally).

Last edited:
Mine does that occasionally but then disappears. Perhaps linked to shutting down with AC activated. Gilbotron does your AC screen stay on or disappear automatically?
Good logic, I think I had left the AC on when I shut it down the day before, which I don't usually do.

Just had the R46 update. Quick (15mins), but need to set up CarPlay and the favourites again. Only observations so far is that AC on the star button calls up a new AC screen but the joystick does nothing. More later.

Anyone else with R46 finding that the HVAC menu automatically opens when you go in to "ready". Not really an issue, just seems pretty random to me...

Otherwise, all good. Bluetooth works fine now it seems, which was my biggest inconvenience.
Yes always does this on my R46.

Yes mine seems to (if HVAC is on) although CarPlay sometimes automatically takes over (I have a wireless CarPlay dongle)

Those of you that have received the R46, please can you check that the electronic user manuals are still there? Just agree to this message if you have lost it.
See attached the error...

Attachments

• IMG_20231003_063909.jpg
    IMG_20231003_063909.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 181
Trophy. Allegedly had all modules updated by the dealer last week. Still R24! What's with these guys.
Unless you had flagged an issue with the infotainment system they would not update it. All of the required updates like BCM, CCS etc will have been done as the dealer stated.

What infotainment issues had you reported to the dealer?

I had r46 installed today along with some other module updates for LKA. I've noticed for some reason the 360 camera image is worse and now has the static & dynamic lines on it whilst reversing

Quick question for those with newer SW versions, have they solved the issue where it will not pre-heat/cool when connected but not actively charging?
There is a charging update for this issue which is not necessary updated as part of R43. I had mine fixed back in April on R33. Works perfectly now. You need to report this issue to your dealer and get an update applied but be sure to explain the problem in detail. It is a hard one for them to test as they don't have the ability to control your car from a phone.

Those of you that have received the R46, please can you check that the electronic user manuals are still there? Just agree to this message if you have lost it.
See attached the error...
They’ve gone from R46 but they’re still available in mgismartunder My Profile/Manuals of course.

Mine had r30 but didn't. The issue I think I've noticed with the new view is that the aspect ratio has changed to allow the lines in the view. Just to note in case of confusion, I always had the lines on the regular reversing view just not on the top down 360 view. Also gotta give a big shout out and recommendation for mg Stockport as they were exceptionally helpful and didn't quibble about sorting any issues, if you've got a bad dealership you use in the greater Manchester I'd seriously consider these guys. The chap I dealt with is called Carl.

Ps I have left feedback in the mg dealership sub forum but like so many others I only tend to view the mg4 sections and felt the customer service I received warranted mention.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel