MG4 Software Update Thread

No front parking sensors on Trophy either, only rear.
Really wow 😯
Site guru I’ve just been out and parked it up going further forward than normally would and you’re so correct 👍 thanks for that

Went in for updates on phase 1 Exclusive/Trophy due to a list of complaints.
Now on R46, with the refreshed air con screen etc.
There was a list of 6/7 ECUs with updates carried out.

Since getting it the day/night switching has much improved.
Screen still defaults to day mode when starting at night though, still have to flick headlights to fix.
Tyre pressure is now not giving an alert when slightly below pressure in cold weather.
Previously the rear would go at 2.4 BAR and even though the pressure would return to 2.6 after a short drive the error would remain. Now there is no warning at 2.4. I don't know if they lowered the threshold or it now accounts for the temperature.
Apparently there was a fix for the auto headlights too.
AC is still about 4 degrees off.
Rear collision assist (three quick flashes of indicators) still occurs occasionally when cars go past in an adjacent lane.
It'll take week or two to know how Bluetooth is.
No one-pedal driving sadly.

If the Bluetooth remains connected I'll be happy.
I read the manual yday and that three flashes is auto installed as a safety featyre
I also read that a slight trill or noise will come if a passer-by pedestrian gets too
Close to warn them? Did we know have we heard about this?

I think you will find SE models and Trophy models have different software my brand new MG4 SE Standard Range is running R20 software and it the latest version for the SE apparently. So I can then assume the latest Trophy software is R46. Only thing ive noticed with my SR is the intermittent operation of the one pedal driving even when the battery is at 50% hopefully this can be sorted with the next version of the SE software. Not overly bothered with it at the moment as I assume that will be the official answer if I was to contact MG.

Rob

P.s currently doing well after a week of ownership current Miles per KW Hour 4.4 (11 degrees C)
So you’re at R20 but someone said latest is R33 which was is it plz folks

Has anyone with the SE SR first phase without rear wiper etc successfully had an update and now have Opd?

So you’re at R20 but someone said latest is R33 which was is it plz folks
My SE LR was updated a couple of weeks ago to version R33.

Phase 1with some good fixes and improvements (including a distance stated on the screen when using the rear parking sensors) but unfortunately no OPD included

My SE LR was updated a couple of weeks back to version R33
Back to?
No front parking sensors on the SE - only rear. Drive forward until you think you're going to hit, then stop - you'll probably find you have another 1-2 feet of space still. ;) (The MG4 has a short "nose" (bonnet) compared to many other cars you may have driven before).
az I said earlier thanks site but I’d say the bonnet is mahoosive no? Compared to the Kia niro anyway

My SE LR was updated a couple of weeks ago to version R33.

Phase 1with some good fixes and improvements (including a distance stated on the screen when using the rear parking sensors) but unfortunately no OPD included
You say distance on screen soenny using rear parking sensors. What do you mean? I currently get the green then yellow then red lines do you ? Is it changed now?

You say distance on screen soenny using rear parking sensors. What do you mean? I currently get the green then yellow then red lines do you ? Is it changed now?
Yep, gives a distance from the obstacle on the screen as well now...
20231103_190632.jpg

Ah! I see in cms at bottom. I get the colours already but deffo not the measurement. Did you already get the colours though pre update?
What’s the car seat pic about top left mate ?
Yes, had the colours before but the CM distance is new.....
The seat icon is the fan direction indicator for the heating etc....

Oh of course it is 😣

Spenny one pedal driving?

Unfortunately not 😔
Ok now I love high regen and for me personally the amount I’ve driven the car number 3 is highest for me —not adaptive. Is there any way to make the regen work harder (I know not to be fully charged)

Unfortunately not 😔
That’s why I’ve asked if anybody with phase 1 SE SR has had an update and now has OPD successfully coz I’ve a feeling us lab rats won’t get it.

I'm not bothered about OPD ... if it comes to the Phase 1 SE then so be it, but I don't see myself jumping to use it - especially as (in Phase 2) you have to select it On every time anyway.

Adaptive regen isn't higher than 3 - it just uses the regen settings (1, 2, 3) as needed depending on conditions; like cars in front, how much you're pressing the brake pedal, etc.

I'm not bothered about OPD ... if it comes to the Phase 1 SE then so be it, but I don't see myself jumping to use it - especially as (in Phase 2) you have to select it On every time anyway.

Adaptive regen isn't higher than 3 - it just uses the regen settings (1, 2, 3) as needed depending on conditions; like cars in front, how much you're pressing the brake pedal, etc.
Got you 👍 thanks

They won't retrofit OPD to Phase 1 cars. It is an upsell.

Trophy has always had the distance display on the rear sensors, may have been a bug if SE didn't have it.

The pace of updates has slowed a lot and I suspect we are near the end for Phase 1 cars like mine, I just hope they get to a version that fixes the bugs without breaking stuff, which R46 unfortunately does.

They won't retrofit OPD to Phase 1 cars. It is an upsell.

Trophy has always had the distance display on the rear sensors, may have been a bug if SE didn't have it.

The pace of updates has slowed a lot and I suspect we are near the end for Phase 1 cars like mine, I just hope they get to a version that fixes the bugs without breaking stuff, which R46 unfortunately does.

What, a year of updates? Meanwhile Tesla is updating 7 year old cars.

Yes it does....👍
Better, but should be on the wheel.

Well I am speculating, I hope I am wrong - but if they address all the main bugs I could see how they'd move on.
You also have to remember that the Xpower is brand new, and are using the same setup and software as both the older MG4's.

It has a 7 year warranty, they should easily support software for 3-5 years like any other car or mobile phone.
Very little is covered for the full 7 years in the warranty.
The software updates that they will provide likely be limited to bug fixes.

Majority of these updates probably fall under:
INFOTAINMENT, CONVENIENCE SYSTEMS & DRIVER AIDS.
Which has 36 months cover.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 531 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums