MG4 Software Update Thread

Yes it does....👍
Excellent!! I’m going to badger my dealer for this update, seems like the holy grail for the SE - has the outside temp, doesn’t seem to have broken anything, gives a distance to obstacles when reversing and has this shortcut for LKA…what’s not to like?! (y)

I don't have a problem with the car not updating to a spec higher than what I bought. I seriously want bug fixes though. It's shocking that the USB player is functionally useless on the SE, and that we can't disable that infernal auto-locking.

There's also the matter of not being able to preheat a car which is plugged in but which has already charged to 100%, which is a particular issue for the SR battery.

Then the little niggles like the 5°C offset on the HVAC controls, and the SoC bar not changing colour like it should.

Fix these and I'm a happy bunny. Anything else is gravy, and if it's something I wanted I'd be happy to pay for it.

I’m also a happy bunny😄😃:)

They've slashed development costs, which is quite frustrating as the overall user experience could be substantially improved with some development work. It simply requires time and money. Maybe someday.

I'm concerned that they might put their teams at work on new projects and allocate minimal task force to cleaning up the code for cars that are already on the market and have already been sold!

From my experience as a delivery manager for an embedded software company, they won’t ’clean Up the code’, but they will fix the more important bugs. 1100R33 seems solid from early reports, and they seem to have addresses the major concerns with the infotainment. As well as some nice to haves like the dropdown menu shortcuts.
The other firmware modules will likely have future updates to sort out any major niggles.
Active development likely stopped way before it was mass produced anyway.

How do you get the R46 update?

Does it have to be a dealer or can you do it yourself?

I picked up my XPOWER last week and it’s on R40.

Hello,

I can Proof that R33 is available for SE SR MY 2022.

• Outside Temperatur ist Back
  • File structure (USB Stick) MP3s and Covers are now shown correcly
  • AC Menue has changed
  • parkdistance with additional range in "cm" (German car;-)

Attachments

• IMG_20231117_073058_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231117_073058_HDR.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20231117_073043_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231117_073043_HDR.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 148
How do you get the R46 update?

Does it have to be a dealer or can you do it yourself?

I picked up my XPOWER last week and it’s on R40.
R40 on Xpower could be better than R46 on the Trophy. Different software versions for different cars. Apparently the latest update for the non trophy model (with older build number) introduces features the latest R46 doesn't have.

I'm pretty busy right now, but the R33 is sounding better by the minute. For the icing on the cake, all I need now is that it allows the automatic locking to be disabled. I understand it also allows the radio to stay off if it's turned off.

R40 on Xpower could be better than R46 on the Trophy. Different software versions for different cars. Apparently the latest update for the non trophy model (with older build number) introduces features the latest R46 doesn't have.
Hmm,

Can elaborate further on this?

So it’s better to stick with the R40?

Hello,

I can Proof that R33 is available for SE SR MY 2022.

• Outside Temperatur ist Back
  • File structure (USB Stick) MP3s and Covers are now shown correcly
  • AC Menue has changed
  • parkdistance with additional range in "cm" (German car;-)
My AC looks like that on R40

Hmm,

Can elaborate further on this?

So it’s better to stick with the R40?
I'm saying that the R33 on MG4 SR is the same as R46 on the Trophy, maybe even better. The Xpower was probably made long after R46 was released for the trophy, so it doesn't make sense that R40 is worse. I'm saying that different MG4's have different software builts. But that doesn't mean that your software is older than R46 on the Trophy.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back