MG4 Software Update Thread

Update on this.

BT steady. Auto headlights improved, much faster toggling.

More significant is that LKA is substantially better.
I was told when I got the car in February that the LKA recall update was already done. So I don't know if there has been another update to it, or they never actually did the initial one. I suspect the latter. But there are way fewer activations and the ones that occur are much more gentle.
What is this LKA update called? It's certainly still garbage on R46. Is it

It has become more common for dealers to charge for fault detection, to avoid time spent being unable to reproduce customer's problems - some people complain about bizarre things.

If you have a problem, the key is to be able to demonstrate it to them - eg show them in the car, take them for a drive if needed so they can clearly understand it.

With bluetooth problems, that might be hard to reproduce, but fixed through a software update, I'd ask: is there some other problem which is easy to reproduce that would also be fixed by an update that you could approach them about instead?

However, if the first thing they are saying to you is how much an investigation will cost, that's not a good sign.
One slight issue with that is, with my airbag fault I currently have 936 messages on my MG App saying Airbag Warning. The garage response was " that is not Evidence we need to see the light on "

If anything I would think that is more than enough evidence, plus the 436 emails and now approx 100 text messages.... as my car / MG App has given up emailing me anymore??

Oh and that is from July when it was last "fixed" I deleted the previous ones.....

@Emgie 4 I have to disagree slightly. According to my service schedule, updates to modules are part of a standard MG service.
To modules, yes. Like BCM and ECU etc, Infotainment is not.... because apparently that is customers wish to have the latest software.... not essential.

One slight issue with that is, with my airbag fault I currently have 936 messages on my MG App saying Airbag Warning. The garage response was " that is not Evidence we need to see the light on "

If anything I would think that is more than enough evidence, plus the 436 emails and now approx 100 text messages.... as my car / MG App has given up emailing me anymore??

Oh and that is from July when it was last "fixed" I deleted the previous ones.....

To modules, yes. Like BCM and ECU etc, Infotainment is not.... because apparently that is customers wish to have the latest software.... not essential.
Can you unbind and rebind the app?
Wondering if there’s an issue with the app too.

Sorry to hear that - I would be wanting the garage to know the full extent of the legal liability they just took on in the event of a failure of your airbag to deploy in an accident and for them to be sure that's really in their best interest.

There are bugs that infotainment updates fix which are warranted issues - so again, if the bug can be reproduced, it should be enough for a claim.

What is this LKA update called? It's certainly still garbage on R46. Is it
LKA has nothing to do with R46 or any other infotainment update.

MG and dealers aren't sharing information on what these updates are. But there are updates to the IPMA camera system and whatever ECU hosts the LKA feature.

Can you please tell me where to see this R version? I think mine is only R5 in Australia.
Which car do you have - the Excite 51? (That's the SE SR in UK terms). I suggest you update the Driving section of your profile to help people help you. :)

If the Excite, click the Cog symbol on the right of the Info display, and then click on System ... the software version will be shown there.

Can you unbind and rebind the app?
Wondering if there’s an issue with the app too.
Sadly not, as i had stated earlier in another post, which you may not have seen, The App / Car has stopped sending me emails, will only send Text... when you attempt to unbind it wants to send a verification code to your email, which, I never get. Even though my email address is correct in the App..... all very strange.

Sadly not, as i had stated earlier in another post, which you may not have seen, The App / Car has stopped sending me emails, will only send Text... when you attempt to unbind it wants to send a verification code to your email, which, I never get. Even though my email address is correct in the App..... all very strange.
Ok. There’s a process to follow with support to unbind the car in this case.

Attachments

• SI-TB2022081501-iSmart Account unbind process.pdf
    332.8 KB · Views: 80
I’m feeling very annoyed 😠

My car has just come out of the dealers, having had its first service.

I wrote a letter specifically asking for the following updates:
  • Front Infotainment Control Module (FICM)
  • Electric Vehicle Charge Controller (EVCC)
  • Body Control Module (BCM)
  • Forward Detection System Radar (FDSR)
The car (Trophy Long Range) was delivered with the R29 infotainment software installed on it. When I went to collect it, guess what, it still had R29. No attempt had been made to update the infotainment system. When I went back in the Service Department to ask why, they told me they had no clue what the R46 software was 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Allegedly, they have updated two pieces of software (not the 4 I specifically requested) 😡😡😡

I have messaged @Miles Roberts CG to see if he can point me in the right direction 🙏🏻 as I need to go back to them with some ammunition… It just hacks me off when you’re paying for a service plan and you make specific requests, they are not adhered to…

It’s an absolute JOKE!

So a further update on Miggy and the Airbag Warning..... the dealership rang this evening, to tell me they had replaced the 10p clip once again, just to make sure there hadn't been a faulty clip or two.... so MG have have spent a whole 30p to try and fix the issue and now they have run out of all ideas? And they are now awaiting further instructions from MG.....

When I had a Hyundai updates were shared online sort of unofficially. This was before they set up the online portal for DIY updates
How come no mg4 updates have leaked online? Or am I not looking in the right places?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back