MG4 Spotted! : Was it you?

New orange and dark grey MG4 demonstrators spotted in Kapiti, New Zealand.

This would not be a big thing in the UK or EU, but the MG4 was only released last week in this country.

I did a test drive and the handling was superb.

IMG_1246.jpeg

I think a blue MG4 passed me this afternoon about 3.30 heading west on the A72 Clydeside road, somewhere between Garrion Bridge and the M74 junction. It had almost passed me before I twigged, and I was only fairly sure when I saw its backside in my rear view mirror. If there were Trophy spoilers I didn't see them. Sorry if it was someone here who waved - I was woolgathering in a stream of traffic.

I was walking the dogs along Loudon Street this morning when I passed a black SE (NV23xxx but MY22 as no rear wiper) parked there. Didn't see the owner. Was it anyone here?

We've completed 400-odd miles across to Aberdeenshire, seeing not a single other MG4 on the trip. But on the way home, we stopped off at a Tesco to charge, came back to the car to find a red Trophy waiting for us to finish. One of those lovely chats that seem to common at chargers ensued - the owners usually charge at home, and this was their first test charge, prior to a trip to England.
Sorry about the annoying sanitising of the image but I suppose one must be careful these days.
StevanPics-160401-27082023.jpg

New orange and dark grey MG4 demonstrators spotted in Kapiti, New Zealand.

This would not be a big thing in the UK or EU, but the MG4 was only released last week in this country.

I did a test drive and the handling was superb.

View attachment 19719
Nice alloys, much better than the UK ones

Blue trophy in Malpas, don’t suppose it’s anyone on here? Spotted it a couple of times while out walking the dog.

Blue trophy in Malpas, don’t suppose it’s anyone on here? Spotted it a couple of times while out walking the dog.
Not me, but it might be the same one I saw on Wrexham Industrial Estate a couple of weeks ago.

On other news, saw a white SE heading west on the A55 at Broughton Park this morning.

Overtook a red Trophy around 12:45hrs on A1 northbound (just south of Newark) before I crossed the Southbound Carraigeway (mine was the Tango). We both waved.

Also behind (briefly coming to a roundabout) in Bourne A151 this morning - around 10:30hrs. Weirdly we were both in Tango Trophy’s and further both on Private plates with the same letter prefix (“C”).

Came out of Sainsbury's in Kings Lynn this morning to find a grey Trophy parked next to me, at least I think it was grey, it was quite dirty!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back