MG4 Spotted! : Was it you?

Tig170

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Sorry....that I've missed you out and about, but as of today (almost 3 months in (4000 miles)), I've not spotted another MG4 on the road! - I've had a few people come up to myself to ask about the car (mainly when I was in Wales on holiday - very friendly bunch!).

Is it a case that the 1st 800 arrived in Sept, and the next batch are awating distribution?

I saw my first two yesterday as we drove 350 miles up to Scotland. I think one (black) was when we pulled off the A1 at Wetherby services for late lunch and a rapid charge. The second one (orange) was at a roundabout at Alnwick where we pulled off again to get a coffee and a top up at the Ionity chargers - I wanted to have a reasonable amount of charge left when we arrived at our destination so that I didn't have to worry about finding a charger. Both charge sessions hit at least 125kW (I didn't watch the rate all the time) and were still over 50kW at 80%+ so were pretty quick. They certainly didn't feel to be much of an inconvenience.

... well thats a positive on 2 fronts:-

a) you've spotted a few MG4's
b) managed to get over 125KWH charge rate..... the most I've ever got is 81KWH todate (Im going to try Ionity over the xmas break)

I've seen 1 ASBO whilst out and about in East Kilbride ... but that's the only other one I've seen in person.

We have seen 1 other so far. An identical orange trophy driving towards Cheshire oaks. Obviously we tried to stay in convoy but they weren't half shifting, 80mph the whole way.

If you pass us we'll wave :)
Which road was this on? Might have been me coming back from working away. I think it would have been Thursday 15th... Not that I saw another MG4

There are a few in Stoke on Trent but then again we have two MG dealers very close together. Picked my MG4 Orange up yesterday after having the ZS EV for 2 years.
I have also seen another Orange Trophy in Stoke. Seems like a nice car, much improved on the SE I test drove.

Picked my MG4 Orange up yesterday after having the ZS EV for 2 years. Seems like a nice car, much improved on the SE I test drove.
Interesting. In what way did you find the Trophy an improvement on the SE (was it a short or long range?) you took for a test drive, Tom? Was it to do with the ride, handling, equipment or something else?

Here in the wilds of Essex there are none also - one has to go as far as Bristol Docks where there are hundreds waiting to start their migration to their final destinations.😎
I think mine is on the one hundred and twenty-third row and fourth from the right :ROFLMAO:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back