Mg4 Trophy SatNav

You can set your route preferences to avoid toll roads.
On the map screen tap the 3 dots on the right
Tap the cog icon
Tap More settings
Tap Navigation preferences
Then you can select what to Avoid on route

You can set your route preferences to avoid toll roads.
On the map screen tap the 3 dots on the right
Tap the cog icon
Tap More settings
Tap Navigation preferences
Then you can select what to Avoid on route
The problem lies not with wanting to avoid toll roads per se but wanting to take a specific route. In particular, I plotted a route using ABRP which took me via a specific chargepoint, and then on via a route that seemed interesting. Unfortunately it seems the MG satnav obviously doesn't find that route as attractive!

Does the MG4 Trophy have live traffic?
Yes, as I discovered when I ignored it's instruction to turn off the main road into a side road only to then encounter the mother of all traffic jams on the main road caused by an accident! In my defence, I've had a couple of occasions when the sat nav seems to have worked on an 'I'll get you close' basis and taken me to the wrong destination, so I don't fully trust it. In this instance, I should have taken note...

So this begs the question, could the 5 Trophy nav software (no live traffic) be updated using the 4 Trophy version?

The Trophy Satnav has live updates, switchable as required, but not always correct. On my recent journey it indicated a no entry to the M1 Southbound from the roundabout but in fact the closure was between the Southbound entry and the Northbound exits on the roundabout. I ignored its redirection.

Hello I'm new here, I've had my MG4 Trophy long range since 13-6-23, after having driven a Hyundai Kona 64kwh premium for two and a half years. I have sent a destination from the app, but I don't know where it is on the car. I find myself comparing it to the Kona a lot. On it when the screen comes on it asks you 'do you want to set this as a destination?' Simple.

Swipe left on the Info screen and press the User button - I think the destination Message can be found there?

I've just sent an address to my Satnav. I found it under User/POI tab. It was strange as it wanted me to scan a QR code from within the iSmart App before it would let me proceed.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back