MG4 Undertray dip/bulge

Attachments

• GEDC7099.JPG
    GEDC7099.JPG
    414.6 KB · Views: 451
Just been to the dealer to drop mine off to be sorted. My step Dad’s car is there waiting for him to collect it. It also has 2 big bulges at the front. Doesn’t look like any recent cars have been improved….

Yeah my dealer Stoneacre Nottingham, came back to me just now saying the funniest thing on this planet ever,
"We've checked your undertray and the new MG4 we've received recently, they are the same so it's a characteristic of the vehicle."
How infuriating. Perhaps ask him to show you a copy of the spec. That takes the opinion out of it.

I direct tweeted MG UK asking about the undertray bulge so I am prepared before I take delivery. They replied that they have not had this brought to their attention. Perhaps tweeting them will raise the issue on their radar?

Yes, we could try playing them at their own game but they would beat us with years of experience :ROFLMAO:

Yeah my dealer Stoneacre Nottingham, came back to me just now saying the funniest thing on this planet ever,
"We've checked your undertray and the new MG4 we've received recently, they are the same so it's a characteristic of the vehicle."
I think the dealers are aware of this issue (or non issue) even if MG themselves aren't. My dealer said pretty much the same as yours, i.e. every MG4 they've seen has been the same and it's not a problem.

While its obvious that the bulging undertray looks "wrong" somehow, does anyone know for certain that it's in any way detrimental to the car's performance? (forgive me if there's evidence that people have put of this on an earlier page!)

I think the dealers are aware of this issue (or non issue) even if MG themselves aren't. My dealer said pretty much the same as yours, i.e. every MG4 they've seen has been the same and it's not a problem.

While its obvious that the bulging undertray looks "wrong" somehow, does anyone know for certain that it's in any way detrimental to the car's performance? (forgive me if there's evidence that people have put of this on an earlier page!)
In my opinion, what’s the point of having aerodynamic components, e.g the aero wheel covers, and the flaps on the Trophy, when there’s a massive gap under the car screwing up the airflow? It’s probably minimal impact, but the wheel covers aren’t going to be making much of a difference either are they?

If there are cars where it is properly attached, those can’t be “wrong”, and everyone else’s correct surely?

I am considering going into business with custom undertrays for MG4s. You'll be able to choose your bulge size or flat and we'll offer a range of materials including carbon fibre (effect), stainless steel, flames, special oil leak pattern, etc.... ;P

Any interest? (I am only joking though).

Also while it's not ideal driving through puddles I'm not sure the outcome experienced here would be the case without the bulge

In my opinion, what’s the point of having aerodynamic components, e.g the aero wheel covers, and the flaps on the Trophy, when there’s a massive gap under the car screwing up the airflow? It’s probably minimal impact, but the wheel covers aren’t going to be making much of a difference either are they?

If there are cars where it is properly attached, those can’t be “wrong”, and everyone else’s correct surely?
I think you are right. But then for some people efficiency isn't a concern (the range is plenty anyway) and for others it is. I would have liked to have seen an "efficiency" trim (e.g.'Aero' spec) but I know MG deliberately minimised the options/combinations in order to keep costs down.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back