MG4 Undertray Gap - MG Fix inbound?

I get a bang noise back left on occasions when turning to go up a driveway. There has also been a shudder. Is this to do with the one pedal driving or this undertray business?

You can rule in/out the undertray simply by looking. Does it look like it has suffered any impact damage or show signs of scraping?

I’ve had a little look under my car and can’t see anything obviously wrong.

I know this is a common problem but am struggling to understand why it even matters (short of it coming off). Why is this actually a concern? Does it tend to break off or something like that?

I’ve had a little look under my car and can’t see anything obviously wrong.

I know this is a common problem but am struggling to understand why it even matters (short of it coming off). Why is this actually a concern? Does it tend to break off or something like that?
The possibility of dirt, debris and (most likely) water getting into the mechanics of the car is my concern.

Everything looks OK underneath. The boot is ok too. Suspension is excellent in every other situation.
Guess I'll just have to wait on the service people to test it out. It is a solid thump. Strange that it only happens in the one place. Thanks for your help people.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back