MG4 Windows dropping?

I am convinced it is catching the buttons when you exit the car. Always seems to be passenger side as these buttons are close to the armrest edge where you push the door open. Dead easily done and you would not always notice. I did it once , I now check.
I do this accidentally quite often. Very sensitive buttons. Returned to car park one day and passenger window was fully down but I'm pretty sure it was my fault and not cars. Due to this I have got into habit of always checking windows are up when I lock car.

I've seen a window slightly down once or twice, but just once all the way. Staying in a smart spa hotel and reception called to say, "the porter can't wash your car because a window is open."

I've seen a window slightly down once or twice, but just once all the way. Staying in a smart spa hotel and reception called to say, "the porter can't wash your car because a window is open."
Spa hotel? Who are you kidding? Don't you mean Rolfe Towers and your maid called to say "your chauffeur can't wash the car because the window is open" 🤣

My drivers door window went fully down on the Trophy when the 12v battery went flat, I assumed this was a planned occurrence to allow access to the car if the 12v battery discharges below a certain voltage (I had left the car for 8 days).

The dealer said it was a software fault and downloaded a “patch” and I have had no problems since but I have also not left the car unused for any length of time to check it out.

MG4 Window dropping overnight has anyone had a fix from their dealer ?

This has happened 4 times to me since June I thought it was my fault when getting out of the car the first 3 times was passenger window since the second time I double check the windows are up and have moved the car from view to avoid anyone trying to break in.

This weekend the car was parked in front of my workshop Friday - Monday morning, I walked passed the car dozens of times because I was working on a job for a customer in the workshop on Monday morning the rear driver side window had dropped the back seat, floor & drivers seat was wet through. Spoke to the dealer they say never heard of the problem and unsure what could cause the window to drop I booked it in with them and they would see if it happened while they had it, thinking about the phone call afterwards I realized the car would just sit in their car park and nothing would be done, so I have just cancelled the appointment and was hoping to find out if a dealer had fixed the problem for anyone.

Thanks in advance
(tips on drying the interior out at this time of year)

(tips on drying the interior out at this time of year)
Ironically leave the windows open on a dry day.
Use a hair drier on gentle heat.
Use silica gel dehumidifier bags overnight and regenerate them daily.
Use the AC whenever you are in the car. The system has an air drier in it so blows out dry air.

Happened to me twice now. Rear window slightly down. Wtf? Long thread. Has there been any solution? If I press the window button by accident the windows goes 100% down, not 25% down.

Happened to me twice now. Rear window slightly down. Wtf? Long thread. Has there been any solution? If I press the window button by accident the windows goes 100% down, not 25% down.
If you only press the button partially down the window only goes down for as long as you press it.

Can't imagine this happening by accident
I would think pressing the button slightly was more likely to happen than pressing the button fully, when putting your hand flat over the buttons rather than a finger.

Nah, what's weird is that people don't know they did it so they blame the car. :LOL:
It's a pity there isn't some sort of guard on these switches. Unfortunately they are proud of the door pull surface and are very easily touched by accident.

Don't ask about my soaking wet passenger seat after washing the car last week
Renee Zellweger Water GIF by Working Title

😭

I wonder, how do we know if it's a bug or a feature? ;)

It happend to me once and I believe I was at fault myself. The reason is simple, the car lacks an off switch so when you exit the car it's so easy to lean on the window button, especially the button for the right rear window, and it just opens a couple of inches.

I'm pretty sure it's not a software bug. Without security camera footage showing the window lowering without any user input, I won't be convinced by claims like "I didn't press it."

A simple solution would be to disable the window controls when the door is open, or to give an audible warning when you lock the door with any windows ajar, in a similar fashion as when a door is still open.

I wonder, how do we know if it's a bug or a feature? ;)

It happend to me once and I believe I was at fault myself. The reason is simple, the car lacks an off switch so when you exit the car it's so easy to lean on the window button, especially the button for the right rear window, and it just opens a couple of inches.

I'm pretty sure it's not a software bug. Without security camera footage showing the window lowering without any user input, I won't be convinced by claims like "I didn't press it."

A simple solution would be to disable the window controls when the door is open, or to give an audible warning when you lock the door with any windows ajar, in a similar fashion as when a door is still open.
It opened half the way, meaning that I must have "leaned" quite long

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel