MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

I’ve decided to hold off for longer.
Tying up a deal on a GR Yaris at the moment, so will keep my Zoe for longer than previously planned and then decide if I want / need to run a GRY and a XPower…..
If I decide the GRY is enough for me in the thrill stakes I will likely go for a Megane EV to replace the Zoe.

I’ve decided to hold off for longer.
Tying up a deal on a GR Yaris at the moment, so will keep my Zoe for longer than previously planned and then decide if I want / need to run a GRY and a XPower…..
If I decide the GRY is enough for me in the thrill stakes I will likely go for a Megane EV to replace the Zoe.
Fair enough, sounds like you could have best of both worlds with an XPower though ;-)
But those Yaris’ do look an absolute hoot, just all the gubbins of revs and gearboxes that seems quaint now. Definitely not missing the mechanicals of my i30.
Hope you enjoy whatever you get though of course 😊

All collected and a very nice drive home😁
20231003_143244.jpg

I really like the x-power

I remember when I bought the RX-8 in 2004.
There were other cars that performed better on the track but cost twice as much or just didn't have the same appeal to me.
And the Wankel's smoothness at 9,000 rpm is just sublime: I bought the car for what it was to me.

Hello everyone, been trying to sign up to the forums for a couple of weeks but seem to be a victim of the office 365 issue flagged at the top of the page. Anyway, couldn't wait any longer so set up an Yahoo email address to get around that.

Have found all of the posts on here most informative and just wanted to add my name to the XPower waiting list. Ordered though a company lease scheme a couple of weeks ago and been told the car is due to arrive end of October for a first half of November delivery to me. Has been a bit frustrating as MG seem to have inventory at UK dealers by they have some strange arrangement in place with leasing companies and can't shift the stock to where the orders are.

Hello everyone, been trying to sign up to the forums for a couple of weeks but seem to be a victim of the office 365 issue flagged at the top of the page. Anyway, couldn't wait any longer so set up an Yahoo email address to get around that.

Have found all of the posts on here most informative and just wanted to add my name to the XPower waiting list. Ordered though a company lease scheme a couple of weeks ago and been told the car is due to arrive end of October for a first half of November delivery to me. Has been a bit frustrating as MG seem to have inventory at UK dealers by they have some strange arrangement in place with leasing companies and can't shift the stock to where the orders are.
I had a similar response from the dealer my car is ordered through when I questioned about other dealers in stock cars. They said it was due to the ones listed on the website being for retail customers and that the discounts were different. Didn’t really make much sense to me, hey ho. I’ll get an update on mine tomorrow morning and see if the end of October date has slipped, which I wouldn’t be surprised if it does. Although it suits me for now as my charger hasn’t been installed yet.

When dealers get cars they are marked in certain ways Retail cars ordered as retail cars cannot be sold to a Motorbility customer for example. We know this as my partner is a private carer and her patient wanted a car and they couldnt have the one coming into stock - it had to be a factory order.

Makes sense I guess. Mines effectively a fleet vehicle and I pay a contribution to use it personally as well. It will be worth the wait in the end anyway 😁

I suppose I should add mine in here. Picked up the week before last. Just trying to figure out how to remove the rear bench to fit seat covers....?
Had some spare stripes from a previous Le Mans trip so thought I'd give them a try.

Love the orange one, matches the callipers!

AJP

Attachments

• 20230925_163837_2.jpg
    20230925_163837_2.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230925_170420.jpg
    20230925_170420.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 48
Oh goodness, I'm in the middle of that seat covers thing right now. There are YouTube videos about how to do it, but none of them explain how to get the rear bench back on. I couldn't get it off even after watching the videos, so I asked my dealer to do it. They did, but then after I had fitted the cover I couldn't get it back on. I thought extreme old age plus shoulder injury might be the problem, so I went back and asked the dealer to do it again. They had trouble too and broke some clip or other. They said, we'll have to order a replacement clip, we'll tell you when it arrives.

Just today I phoned to arrange this and they want the car booked in for a full day, courtesy car and all. On 23rd November.

Sigh.

Evening all- cheers to moderators for confirming email. Been lurking on the forum a while since ordering the XPower back at the start of September.

Looking forward to joining the monochromatic/ boring/ sleeper Camden Grey club (depending on personal preference). Coming from an ID.3 which I thought we loved but turns out I didn't know the meaning of the word until the XPower test drive.

Edinburgh-based, seen a number of 4s but no XPower yet. If anyone else is lurking in the background and wants detailed dates of each stage of the order feel free to ask.

Added details below:

NameOrderedColourDealerStatus
BrettusJune 22ndVolcano OrangeAcorn CreweCollected Sept. 28th
Seamust1000June 24thRacing GreenHoward's TauntonBeing Built
BartlettJuly 26thRedHoward's Yeovil
lsb777August 21stBlack PearlTusker (Stoneacre)Est January 24
pickleAugust 11thRacing GreenLex (Dealer TBC)Est end Oct
domsimAugust 16thWhiteSal sac (Dealer TBC)Est October/November
TychoAugust 23rdRacing GreenLex (dealer tbc)Est end Oct
Cymro333August 25thWhiteTusker (Stonecare)Est Late November
SajymundoAugust 21stRacing GreenLex (Dealer TBC)Est late Sep
TTooedAugust 24thRacing GreenNovuna (Holdcroft MG)
LampymicAugust 25thRacing GreenTusker
(Luscombe Motors)
Late September
CooperSSeptember
13th
WhiteLex (Wolverhampton)Dec 23/Jan
JonnyGJuly 21stCamden GreyCars2 MG Wakefield Collected Sept. 25th
Seaton91September 4thCamden Grey Tusker salary sacrifice (Perrys)Late January

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel