The tyres also feel more compliant on the road, which I know is a subjective thing but I can definitely feel a difference......

Thanks for sharing ... very useful info .... they also look great too 👍

I'm sure they'll get much better grip after a few 100 miles "wearing in" too 😊

I was going by what Blackcircles and others are quoting 72db to 71db. However how that actually converts on the road is another matter. Will be interested to hear your experience, now that you have taken the plunge.
Your right m8.
And agreed! I know I couldn't tell the difference of an extra decibel even with my hearing aids in!

So my brand spanking new tyres were made in......April!!

Which I know is sort of the norm.

The only way I could have got a more recently made set is if I would have gone to a busy city tyre fitter, that fits this sort of tyre more regularly.

Anyhow, away from cold this morning, my wife confirmed what I thought about the quietness of the tyres.

Night and day?

Not really, just quieter.

The tyres also feel more compliant on the road, which I know is a subjective thing but I can definitely feel a difference.

I have done nearly a 100 miles on them already, so will start pushing them on, in various conditions to see how they fair.

View attachment 22500

Now, about those lowering springs.........
I know it doesn't make any difference whatsoever, but the Michelin's even look better. 🙂👍

Go on! You know it makes sense, and you'll be the 1st, starting a trend. 🙂👍

Agreed “running in” is vital, I even have an old sticker from the 1960’s in my rear window,
Which says and I quote “PLEASE PASS - RUNNING IN” ….

For those who are a lot younger than me, this actually did happen! I remember my father having such a sticker in a couple of cars.

Last edited:
So my brand spanking new tyres were made in......April!!

Which I know is sort of the norm.

The only way I could have got a more recently made set is if I would have gone to a busy city tyre fitter, that fits this sort of tyre more regularly.

Anyhow, away from cold this morning, my wife confirmed what I thought about the quietness of the tyres.

Night and day?

Not really, just quieter.

The tyres also feel more compliant on the road, which I know is a subjective thing but I can definitely feel a difference.

I have done nearly a 100 miles on them already, so will start pushing them on, in various conditions to see how they fair.

View attachment 22500

When you had your tyres changed, did you happen to find the exact spec of the alloys? Where they 8x18 - 5x112 - ET 51 by any chance? :unsure: If not, what? 🙂👍

Dont worry, they'll soon be slicks. 😉🙂👍

When you had your tyres changed, did you happen to find the exact spec of the alloys? Where they 8x18 - 5x112 - ET 51 by any chance? :unsure: If not, what? 🙂👍

Dont worry, they'll soon be slicks. 😉🙂👍
No m8.
Popped round the corner to a Cafe for a cup of tea and a toasted teacake.

Last edited:
Found it. I was right about the X Power, wheel spec. 🙂👍
20231229_202507.jpg

For the record, I think 235/45R18 is under spec’d for the amount of power and weight.
Even 20 years ago my RX-8 had 225/45R18 all around and everyone thought at at just over 1300 kgs and 230 bhp it should have had at least 245 at the rear, like the Honda s2000 had.
And more powerful motors like an Impreza sti would happily sport 245s all round.

And more powerful motors like an Impreza sti would happily sport 245s all round.
My STi 6 had, IIRC, 205/45R16 all round and they were more than adequate. IMHO, AWD cars just don't need the ridiculously wide tyres that FWD or RWD ones do, especially when both the weight and power distribution have been so carefully crafted.

My STi 6 had, IIRC, 205/45R16 all round and they were more than adequate. IMHO, AWD cars just don't need the ridiculously wide tyres that FWD or RWD ones do, especially when both the weight and power distribution have been so carefully crafted.
And not forgetting the advances in tyre technology in the preceding years 👍

I guess the factory also decided to increase the tyre size as the car got heavier from what I see in this link.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom