MG4 X-Power waiting area

Soooo...
I am really tempted to swap out my trophy for a shiny xpower.
Will I be getting my pants pulled down over this, bearing in mind I have a 4 year pcp deal to accommodate.

thoughts please
You can sell up, as long as you settle the PCP. Here's what MG4's are currently fetching.

TL;DR - Bring lube.

Yes I know that, I mean to say it’s available to see the car in the fresh.
Those are the same pictures posted earlier on in this thread. It was apparently borrowed from Longbridge. Likely not there now/yet. Shouldn’t be long though as Goodwood is in a little over a week.

New article/press release on MG website:
Mainly known stuff but nice to have two tone roof confirmed. Bridgestone tyres, I’m sure I saw one with pilot sport 3s but maybe it was in the decision phase or for another region.

First mention I’ve seen of launch control too. One pedal driving, suspension upgrades, stiffer body, the usual stuff we’ve been expecting mainly but nice to see confirmation.

Heh the EX4 is gonna look pretty stand out.

Attachments

• IMG_3671.jpeg
    IMG_3671.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3672.jpeg
    IMG_3672.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 98
Here's hoping they can have most of the software niggles sorted and the vibrations from the two motors isn't a thing in the UK, the last thing a performance car needs is vibration issues at just over 60 mph.
Not much of a performance car if that transpires in the UK also

…and they forgotten to mention the all important rear wash wipe😁
Or is it all going to be standard across the MG4 range?

…and they forgotten to mention the all important rear wash wipe😁
Or is it all going to be standard across the MG4 range?
Standard from now on apparently, along with one pedal driving

Those are the same pictures posted earlier on in this thread. It was apparently borrowed from Longbridge. Likely not there now/yet. Shouldn’t be long though as Goodwood is in a little over a week.

New article/press release on MG website:
Mainly known stuff but nice to have two tone roof confirmed. Bridgestone tyres, I’m sure I saw one with pilot sport 3s but maybe it was in the decision phase or for another region.

First mention I’ve seen of launch control too. One pedal driving, suspension upgrades, stiffer body, the usual stuff we’ve been expecting mainly but nice to see confirmation.

Heh the EX4 is gonna look pretty stand out.
Apparently a homage to the old metro rally car

Apparently a homage to the old metro rally car
Yeah, you can see it in the reflections. The old square metro headlights. Similar lines in a silhouette from some angles. Gonna be interesting to see an xpower done up in an 80s Batman colour palette body kit 🤓😎

Has anyone checked out the insurance group for the xpower? I cannot find any info on it

Has anyone checked out the insurance group for the xpower? I cannot find any info on it
I'd imagine it will be up there with Tesla's

Soooo...
I am really tempted to swap out my trophy for a shiny xpower.
Will I be getting my pants pulled down over this, bearing in mind I have a 4 year pcp deal to accommodate.

thoughts please
I am in the same predicament with a 4 year PCP deal.

I have a few friends who change their car every 12-18 months even though they have a 3-4 year PCP. It just happens to work out that the residual value of the car at this time means that there is no penalty to exit the deal. This means that they just keep paying the same monthly PCP amounts but change their car every 12-18 months. If they leave it longer it doesn't work out so well for them.

I would have a chat with your dealer to see what the figures look like. Of course after you have had a little test drive in one😁.

I am waiting on the call from my dealer. Please let me know how you get on.

Anytime you trade in a new car after a few months you lose a big chunk in depreciation (15-20%).

If you end a PCP very early you also lose because the interest is front-weighted so the capital to repay will still be high and may not even be covered by the car's worth.

Anytime you trade in a new car after a few months you lose a big chunk in depreciation (15-20%).

If you end a PCP very early you also lose because the interest is front-weighted so the capital to repay will still be high and may not even be covered by the car's worth.

I ended my last three PCP cars early, barely a year into four year deals on any of them.
My polo GTi was barely 6 months.
Equity on them all, the Leaf 40 being the best with £2500 left for me to put towards another car.
It’s not like I put hefty deposits on them either, it’s the bare minimum every time.
I very much doubt I’ll keep my born the full 4 years, not my style, so we’ll see in a year or two.

It’s capped out at 125mph but that is less than half what it is capable of.

It’s usually possible to hack it and derestrict it so no upper limit

Of course only on the autobahn in Europe where there is no speed limit

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom