MG4 X-Power waiting area

RRP doesn’t bother me, PCP does.
I’d hope a decent spec 5 would be available for £350-£400 a month and no massive deposit.
Yes, absolutely, Higher price tends to mean higher PCP though, that's all I meant.

Article I read reckons £40k for the Alpine
That would be good, assuming the car is everything it sounds like it could be.

Attachments

• alpinea290_088.jpg
    alpinea290_088.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 66
That's obviously not the production car but it's supposed to be close to that, minus the steering wheel in the middle. they are talking about keeping the strict french hot hatch roots of two wheel drive, light for an EV and according to the article around 268bhp.
I think that could be a guess though but they reckoned it would be an uprated version of the Meganes motor

Alpine A290 will be nearer to £50k I think.
Hopefully they tone the looks down a touch as the concept is a little too much.

Had many a Renaultsport over the years and if they breathe on that in the same way as they have historically and can keep the weight down it will be a great drive.

Alpine A290 will be nearer to £50k I think.
Hopefully they tone the looks down a touch as the concept is a little too much.

Had many a Renaultsport over the years and if they breathe on that in the same way as they have historically and can keep the weight down it will be a great drive.
If it's that high I think they will struggle to sell it, bit like the Tesla performance debate v x power
Car wow had it at £30k in may, which I think is way to low a guess.
Hey car and a few others I've read have it at £40k to take on the EX30 and smart brabus, although the alpine is smaller again

I’m gonna guess dealership manager having a nice weekend thrash about 🤓
I was offered the opportunity to buy a demonstrator but of ALL the demos you KNOW that will be thrashed at every opportunity by every butt that sits in the seat heh.

Yes, I saw it when I was at Le Mans this summer. No specs listed on the spec sheet!

Attachments

• 20230609_140435.jpg
    20230609_140435.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 53
I’m gonna guess dealership manager having a nice weekend thrash about 🤓
I was offered the opportunity to buy a demonstrator but of ALL the demos you KNOW that will be thrashed at every opportunity by every butt that sits in the seat heh.
Does thrashing an EV matter that much? Less issue with stuff wearing out, surely?

Last guess I saw was that it would have the same 160kW / 215hp motor as the Renault Megane.
The 5 is getting a cut-down version at 100kW / 135hp (same as current Zoe)

215bhp is enough in a car that size, as long as it’s 215bhp all the time and not dependant on mode/state of charge etc.

Repeating myself, the X-Power seems to be the performance bargain of the century. It would be nice to see how it compares to other small powerful EVs (smart #1 Brabus, Volvo EX30 Performance).

VW seems to be late to the party (again), with their ID GTI concept.

Exactly why my first EV was a 2020 Zoe instead of an ID3.

Renault launched the new Zoe after VW, opened the order books, took my money and delivered my car a full month before VW even announced the ID3's price!

EDIT - It would've been 2 months before, but the first COVID lockdown intervened.

Last edited:
Repeating myself, the X-Power seems to be the performance bargain of the century. It would be nice to see how it compares to other small powerful EVs (smart #1 Brabus, Volvo EX30 Performance).

The ID GTi looks decent but is a few years away, as is the alpine.
The other two are over £40k but will be a step up in quality, the fully charged show raved about the Smart#1 interior quality (marmite looks for me)

It's just a similar decision to that of the normal MG4 Vs the new ID3, Renault megane etc are you happy with a more budget car that drives great or are you happy to pay a bit more to up the quality.

Personal preference!

Not sure how you can describe any EV as a GTi unless you injecting electrons :ROFLMAO:
Apparently now stands for GT Intelligence!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom