• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG5 LR 1)Low voltage battery maintenance 2)Jacking car with trolley jack sill adapter

mikeb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Two questions (please) from a fairly new MG5 owner.
1) I have read in the handbook (not the most clear handbook) that to improve the life of the 12 volt battery it is recommended to set the power mode to ready for half an hour once a week - is this in addition to regularly driving the car or only if the car is not used for a week?
2) I would prefer to use my trolley jack when jacking the car at home and l wonder if anyone knows if there is a specific rubber jacking adapter for the car or if one of the universal slotted ones will fit.
Thanks in advance!

Plenty of generic one on Ebay....you can usually modify them to get a good fit. Used mine yesterday....

Two questions (please) from a fairly new MG5 owner.
1) I have read in the handbook (not the most clear handbook) that to improve the life of the 12 volt battery it is recommended to set the power mode to ready for half an hour once a week - is this in addition to regularly driving the car or only if the car is not used for a week?
2) I would prefer to use my trolley jack when jacking the car at home and l wonder if anyone knows if there is a specific rubber jacking adapter for the car or if one of the universal slotted ones will fit.
Thanks in advance!
This is to make sure that the battery level doesn't fall too low (go flat) which will eventually kill the battery and you would need to replace it. If you are driving regularly then you are keeping the battery topped up. I once travelled to work by train for 8 months and my car battery went flat while being parked on the drive. The don't recover very well after that.

DF091903-A490-4432-BA35-22702A843DE5.png
For (1) I have this in my LR manual, but it’s marked with a * so only applicable to certain models. Don’t know which ones though. I assume the LR Exclusive is a given…

View attachment 5186For (1) I have this in my LR manual, but it’s marked with a * so only applicable to certain models. Don’t know which ones though. I assume the LR Exclusive is a given…
This is from the original SR manual. No such automatic protection existed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211010-104622.png
    Screenshot_20211010-104622.png
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 151
View attachment 5186For (1) I have this in my LR manual, but it’s marked with a * so only applicable to certain models. Don’t know which ones though. I assume the LR Exclusive is a given…
That's an interesting and useful function. I wonder if this could be instituted in older cars with a software change?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom