MG5 quirks!

Found today that the 3rd unlabelled button (next to kers and mode) prompts an animation showing a large 'miles remaining' display on the dash. From earlier posts on this forum I understood this button to do nothing.
I think this was the case on earlier models as the switch did nothing. Now it shows range in the centre of the dashboard but this is constantly displayed in the lower left of the dash board!

A new quirk.

When I start the car, dive off then at 10mph the doors lock but at 15 mph there is a clonk under the front that I feel with my feet on the floor & hear! Only happens once per trip.

A new quirk.

When I start the car, dive off then at 10mph the doors lock but at 15 mph there is a clonk under the front that I feel with my feet on the floor & hear! Only happens once per trip.
Wife's fiesta has done the same since new 10 years ago. Never did find out what it is, but it's so definitive and reliably at the same speed I figured it was supposed to do it.

A new quirk.

I've been getting this since almost day 1. I've been working on the assumption that it's intentional and related to one system or another arming/disarming as you first go over a certain speed. It's that reliably reproduced it happens at the same stretch of road as I leave the house every day.

I've been getting this since almost day 1. I've been working on the assumption that it's intentional and related to one system or another arming/disarming as you first go over a certain speed. It's that reliably reproduced it happens at the same stretch of road as I leave the house every day.
Had a Picasso automatic that did the same thing. Assumed it was some kind of brake related thing.

Yea I thought it was so you could hear the reversing sensors it's done it from day one but if others aren't doing it I might ask when I go for a service in a few months
mine does it.... more annoying is the radio volume on start up is ott...

Wing mirror quirk

I have twice been able to get the wing mirrors to stay in at speed after pulling them in for a narrow gap, but cannot find out how to repeat it. On both occasions at the same place slowing down, folding them in & speeding up.

With them in at speed I slowed to under 10 mph & speeded up then they opened.

I've tried all sorts but cannot replicate it. Any ideas?

After four months of ownership:

Squeaky wing mirrors,fixed with silicone spray.
Occasional squeaky breaks when reversing.
Random rebooting of infotainment screen,has happened five or six times. No idea why?
Auto headlights don't come on early enough when getting dark.

Common issues by the sounds of it

Had ours 10 months now; here's our list of quirks:
  • Random infotainment system crashes/reboots
  • Drivers door handle sticks
  • More random infotainment system reboots & crashes
  • Car has recently decided it is always dark enough to need headlights, even when the sun is so bright I can barely see out of the windscreen
  • Sat nav likes to set me challenges by including roads that no man has travelled for thousands of years in its chosen route
  • High beam sometimes fails to come on / go off
  • Nagging noise coming from the passenger seat when accelerating hard ( although I have found I can shut this up by quickly pressing the passenger side seatbelt release button and then hitting the brakes really really hard )
Will raise these with the dealer when it goes in for it's first service in a few weeks!

Had ours 10 months now; here's our list of quirks:
  • Random infotainment system crashes/reboots
  • Drivers door handle sticks
  • More random infotainment system reboots & crashes
  • Car has recently decided it is always dark enough to need headlights, even when the sun is so bright I can barely see out of the windscreen
  • Sat nav likes to set me challenges by including roads that no man has travelled for thousands of years in its chosen route
  • High beam sometimes fails to come on / go off
  • Nagging noise coming from the passenger seat when accelerating hard ( although I have found I can shut this up by quickly pressing the passenger side seatbelt release button and then hitting the brakes really really hard )
Will raise these with the dealer when it goes in for it's first service in a few weeks!
The wife don’t like you booting it then 🤣🤣🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom