MG5 Roof rails decorative only

Still waiting for something from MG......at Chorley

I asked Chorley also and they said they cannot give me confirmation that the roof rails are now approved. So I contacted the main MG line and they eventually sent me an email for now and a letter to follow. Not sure why it takes so long to send a letter out.
Hi Adam and Alan I have seen your important comments yesterday and I am at a loss as to why these letters have not been received some members of reported the have had some response on the subject but obviously you two and myself plus another guy who owns the MG5 that I know has not he’s a neighbour of mine who also used the Chorley MG dealership and I am even more surprised at them at Chorley as everyone knows that Miles Roberts who works there is a very informed forum member has quote on several occasions the the rails are now rated at 35kg.

Now I sure the letter side of it as nothing to do with Miles but his dealerships should be on top of this for there customers and Supporting what been written and spoke about.

I have today written ( copy enclosed ) again to my contact at the DVSA to inform them that these letters of not been forthcoming from MG as they said they would and ask that the DVSA contract MG motors again to enquire why.
I while update you if and when they respond.
Les

Hello Simon Lewis
It is Les Burrows writing to you again with regard to the Roof rails issue on the MG5 exclusive EV estate car I am very sorry to have to inform you that the MG motor company do not appear to be Implementing the course of action which you said they had told the DVSA they would carry out to finalise this issue.

You advised me that the conclusion to this case was that MG had stated that the roof rails was now able to be loaded to 35kg after testing and that MG would write to all owners and there dealers to confirm this along with an update to the vehicle handbook well Simon I’m sorry to say that members of the MGEVs community have still not had this (in my opinion ) very important letter sent out to them from MG motor company and several have reported that after requesting this from there Individual dealerships the dealers where unable to provide this letter as they also had not had Confirmation from MG

So Simon the purpose of my letter today is to ask you the DVSA to contact MG motors again to enquire what there reasons are for not sending out this important letter to MG5 owners.

I thank you for your time and hope to receive a reply very soon with a response from MG motor company
Thank you
Les Burrows
Sent from my iPad

Hi Adam and Alan I have seen your important comments yesterday and I am at a loss as to why these letters have not been received some members of reported the have had some response on the subject but obviously you two and myself plus another guy who owns the MG5 that I know has not he’s a neighbour of mine who also used the Chorley MG dealership and I am even more surprised at them at Chorley as everyone knows that Miles Roberts who works there is a very informed forum member has quote on several occasions the the rails are now rated at 35kg.

Now I sure the letter side of it as nothing to do with Miles but his dealerships should be on top of this for there customers and Supporting what been written and spoke about.

I have today written ( copy enclosed ) again to my contact at the DVSA to inform them that these letters of not been forthcoming from MG as they said they would and ask that the DVSA contract MG motors again to enquire why.
I while update you if and when they respond.
Les

Hello Simon Lewis
It is Les Burrows writing to you again with regard to the Roof rails issue on the MG5 exclusive EV estate car I am very sorry to have to inform you that the MG motor company do not appear to be Implementing the course of action which you said they had told the DVSA they would carry out to finalise this issue.

You advised me that the conclusion to this case was that MG had stated that the roof rails was now able to be loaded to 35kg after testing and that MG would write to all owners and there dealers to confirm this along with an update to the vehicle handbook well Simon I’m sorry to say that members of the MGEVs community have still not had this (in my opinion ) very important letter sent out to them from MG motor company and several have reported that after requesting this from there Individual dealerships the dealers where unable to provide this letter as they also had not had Confirmation from MG

So Simon the purpose of my letter today is to ask you the DVSA to contact MG motors again to enquire what there reasons are for not sending out this important letter to MG5 owners.

I thank you for your time and hope to receive a reply very soon with a response from MG motor company
Thank you
Les Burrows
Sent from my iPad
Good work Les thanks. They must have a database of sales and addresses. Have they not hear about mail merge? One click and a letter is sent to everyone. :-/

Good work Les thanks. They must have a database of sales and addresses. Have they not hear about mail merge? One click and a letter is sent to everyone. :-/
I think that was supposed to be the point of using the recall system....

Clearly the recall system is crap then
It is somewhat concerning if there was a serious problem. But Perhaps there are different levels of recall - I don't know how the system works - just that I can see if on there - but not for my car and no one has contacted me...

I just got the letter from my MG dealer yesterday telling me that my roof rails can only hold 35KG and to insert the addendum into the manual. Funny thing is I don't have roof rails, I bought the MG5 Excite trim!
Can you post the letter on here, and we all can use it!

Out of interest, and knowing absolutely nothing about roof rails/boxes, can someone explain the difference between the MG roof bars at £259.99 and the Aldi ones at £19.99 please? Obviously higher quality, but thats a HUGE difference! The both hold something to a roof!

Out of interest, and knowing absolutely nothing about roof rails/boxes, can someone explain the difference between the MG roof bars at £259.99 and the Aldi ones at £19.99 please? Obviously higher quality, but thats a HUGE difference! The both hold something to a roof!
The MG roof bars are made by Mont Blanc, out of what must presumably (given the price) be a combination of Unobtanium and Myrrh. :LOL: They are also guaranteed to be compatible with the other accessories which MG sell (eg. Bike carriers which fit in the T-Tracks etc).

The Aldi/Lidl ones tend to be quite noisy (not very well profiled for aerodynamics), but otherwise functional.

The MG roof bars are made by Mont Blanc, out of what must presumably (given the price) be a combination of Unobtanium and Myrrh. :LOL: They are also guaranteed to be compatible with the other accessories which MG sell (eg. Bike carriers which fit in the T-Tracks etc).

The Aldi/Lidl ones tend to be quite noisy (not very well profiled for aerodynamics), but otherwise functional.
Thank you Miles! I think I'd put up with the noise for a while, but appreciate these are on another level with regards to quality and fit.

Five stars for getting the word Unobtanium into a forum post though :)

Came this morning.after reading it, no addendum page in the envelope. ⁵/10 for effort
IMG_20210623_103734.jpg

I had hoped to be able to get the Ford bars I had on my Mondeo to fit but no dice so I've now fitted Thule Wingbar Evo - the 118cm ones.

Very well made and a lot quieter than the Mondeo ones!

Also had to replace my cycle carriers and went with the Thule ProRide - also excellent.

I'll probably leave the bars on most of the time as I carry bikes frequently - fitting the cycle carriers to the bars is very easy to do but the bars take slightly more time to mount on the car.

Same here, letter, no addendum. I had an e-mail from Luscombe's a couple of weeks ago.
The letter had my full name & address, then 'To Whom it may Concern' #fail
Hey hey. Guess what? Yup. Letter but no addendum. Spoke to a delightful young lady on the number in the letter, who has promised to organise one (not holding my breath).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom