MG5 Roof rails decorative only

£52.88 is the cheapest I can see on Amazon.
SmartSelect_20210429-192917_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hi all just had this from Which I’m sorry I have tried to copy the complete article onto this from but I couldn’t so it mainly just the pictures that are missing but if anyone wants to read the whole thing the link is here but it won’t open from here for some reason I have said many times in the past I’m not very tech savvy
EDIT I think I’ve got the link to work

So I replied to him and said the following

Hi Adrian thank you for your mail this morning I have read trough it and I am pleased and disappointed at the Same time.
So 35kg, we’ll it’s a result that gives some help I suppose but in your article you have wrote that owners may need to wait until a service interval to be told about this, well that is not what I was told by Simon Lewis from the DVSA he said all owners will be written to and sent a new handbook when the vehicle certification agency have signed it off, quite a few owners I know are waiting for that letter and others have said they are not waiting any longer and are going ahead with loading the cars roof and I have advised them not to do this until they have the letter from MG as there insurance companies my not be best pleased.

I did write to Simon at the DVSA to thank him for his mail and I did say to him I hope this will be concluded quickly and them letters from MG motors be sent out ASAP.

So Adrian I think we are at the end of the road with this now so I would like to thank you on behalf of all the owners myself included for what you have done in highlighting this issue over the pass few months and wish you well for the future.
Les Burrows

And he replied

Hi Les,

We say that in the story - all owners will be written to, and a new print out will be supplied to add to the handbook (rather than a new handbook itself). Those who cannot be contacted for whatever reason will be notified at the next service.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. I hope, despite all of this, you enjoy your MG.

Take care Les,
Adrian

So after all this I think this issue is almost at its end, and I hope the letters arrive very soon and again I urge everyone again to hold off until your letter does turn up might I suggest pester your own dealers to push MG along to get them out
Les

Thanks Les! Your persistence and determination has paid off and everyone benefitted! 👏
Hopefully I can use my roof box officially on holidays in Sep to the Outer Hebrides! Amazing!

Hi all just had this from Which I’m sorry I have tried to copy the complete article onto this from but I couldn’t so it mainly just the pictures that are missing but if anyone wants to read the whole thing the link is here but it won’t open from here for some reason I have said many times in the past I’m not very tech savvy
EDIT I think I’ve got the link to work

So I replied to him and said the following

Hi Adrian thank you for your mail this morning I have read trough it and I am pleased and disappointed at the Same time.
So 35kg, we’ll it’s a result that gives some help I suppose but in your article you have wrote that owners may need to wait until a service interval to be told about this, well that is not what I was told by Simon Lewis from the DVSA he said all owners will be written to and sent a new handbook when the vehicle certification agency have signed it off, quite a few owners I know are waiting for that letter and others have said they are not waiting any longer and are going ahead with loading the cars roof and I have advised them not to do this until they have the letter from MG as there insurance companies my not be best pleased.

I did write to Simon at the DVSA to thank him for his mail and I did say to him I hope this will be concluded quickly and them letters from MG motors be sent out ASAP.

So Adrian I think we are at the end of the road with this now so I would like to thank you on behalf of all the owners myself included for what you have done in highlighting this issue over the pass few months and wish you well for the future.
Les Burrows

And he replied

Hi Les,

We say that in the story - all owners will be written to, and a new print out will be supplied to add to the handbook (rather than a new handbook itself). Those who cannot be contacted for whatever reason will be notified at the next service.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. I hope, despite all of this, you enjoy your MG.

Take care Les,
Adrian

So after all this I think this issue is almost at its end, and I hope the letters arrive very soon and again I urge everyone again to hold off until your letter does turn up might I suggest pester your own dealers to push MG along to get them out
Les
Well done Les for your determination given some of the negs you received on here (y)

Still glad I cancelled my order though, makes me wonder what else MG has cocked up that we don't know about yet. At least our ZSev is still going well, so as long as it lasts a year or so then move on if its worth anything.

At a penny under thirty quid and from a maker offering at least a modicum of support, it's a no brainer.
They'll do you if you move on to another car later on.
My attempt at humour based on the piddly rating we have from Mg. And I shall be looking for getting me some of those bars as well :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom