Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi,

Attachments

• 1620588742980.jpeg
    1620588742980.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 174
Hi, my wife took a photo of the display on my MG5 while I was driving. I’m really pleased to have got 6.7, it’s normally been around 4. I suppose it’s due to an increase in temperature.
Cheers, Steve

That's pretty amazing, Steve. Had you travelled a substantial distance downhill during that journey? Battery temperature might make some difference, but that's a big departure from your normal. Plus it's not really that warm (down here in Wiltshire, at least!). I was pretty pleased with the 4.5 I've recorded over the last 100miles, which has been exclusively daytime with no cabin heating/cooling. I see that your cruise control is on (or armed, at least?). If you've been doing a constant slow speed (say 30-40mph) for most of the journey time then it may have been a factor.

Hi, we traveled around an hour and 15 minute, had a couple of hours and went back home. Around 20 minutes of the journey home was downhill and really flat at 30/40 mph, some of it was then uphill and at 50/60/70 mph. I did manage to get 4.7 a while ago, however, the norm lately has been around 4. The cruise control is on due to a lot of journeys at 50 mph over measured distances. When I got home it was still showing 6. I’m really surprised to see these figures, I have been slightly disappointed and hoping to get above 4 now it’s slightly warmer, I’ll keep you posted (and keep my fingers crosse)
Steve.

Hi, we traveled around an hour and 15 minute, had a couple of hours and went back home. Around 20 minutes of the journey home was downhill and really flat at 30/40 mph, some of it was then uphill and at 50/60/70 mph. I did manage to get 4.7 a while ago, however, the norm lately has been around 4. The cruise control is on due to a lot of journeys at 50 mph over measured distances. When I got home it was still showing 6. I’m really surprised to see these figures, I have been slightly disappointed and hoping to get above 4 now it’s slightly warmer, I’ll keep you posted (and keep my fingers crosse)
Steve.
Is your acceleration really gradual ? I never achieve 4 or over but I do like flooring it sometimes. I'm doing a lkng trip this weekend so will be making sure I drive efficiently to make sure I have enough to get to my destination.

I always drive in eco and accelerate steady. I suspect it was a fluke, I can’t see me getting this very often. As stated above I was getting over 6 for the whole journey, it may be because I had a really good start. I have been getting in the 3s when I set off and getting around 4 after a while, sometimes 4.2 (ish). I’ll see how it goes

We should have a competition and see who can get the highest "mpg" figure. We would have to set a minimum range (journey) parameter of, say, 150 miles which would average out gradients, headwinds etc. The prize would be a self-funded saving of electricity :)

unfortunately today’s journey wasn’t quite as good as yesterday. It takes 35 minutes to get to work, I got 4.4 at 13 degrees outside . The return journey I got 4.5 at 15 degrees. I’m still happy with this though. I did have a 30kw Kia Soul and had slight range anxiety with it, the MG5 is much better in that regard 👍

Well, if you assume that the whole battery capacity of 52.5kWhr is useable, then 4.5miles/kwhr equates to a range of 236miles. You should be well pleased with that!

Absolutely, I’m really pleased with the car. I’m happy that range isn’t an issue for me regarding my journeys. I did get slightly nervous with my previous EV On a couple of trips.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom