Nav Sat Update from Naviextras.com is not working

Well I've had a quick go.

The points of interest update went on first time.
The map update gets to about 50% "Checking Files" and reboots the unit

I'm not beaten yet :)
I have exactly the same issue. I tried with a Cruzer USB key but it's all the same. I really think that it's a global issue. many peoples had the same reboot :/

What is your MG Touch version and SyncTools ? mine 9.35 and 9.12.

Well after another couple of tries with different USB sticks I had a brainwave. Maybe it was the unit timing out. So I started again and when I came to update the software I went for a drive while it worked. I did get past the "Checking files" and it started updating the map, then CRASH.

I'm just going to use Waze. Don't want to brick my unit with half an update.

Well after another couple of tries with different USB sticks I had a brainwave. Maybe it was the unit timing out. So I started again and when I came to update the software I went for a drive while it worked. I did get past the "Checking files" and it started updating the map, then CRASH.

I'm just going to use Waze. Don't want to brick my unit with half an update.
Which USB Drive to you used to pass the "Checking Files" ?

Hello,
Here is an answer of the Navi Extra Support about the reboot of the main unit during map update.

Dear Guillaume,

Based on our investigation, the unit is rebooting at around 50-60% and the update fails is an operating system bug: When copying content the synctool uses a lot of memory, so the operating system "detects" that it is running out of space and restarts the headunit.

In this case, an OS update is required. For this OS update, please contact an authorized MG dealership for further assistance. Once the new OS version is installed, the map update should be successfull.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope for your understanding.

I will try to contact my dealer to know more about this update.

Makes a lot of sense the memory issue, because that explains why some people are getting the infotainment system crashing in normal use.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom