Nav Sat Update from Naviextras.com is not working

I can confirm the one-update-at-a-time method worked for me earlier today whereas previously downloading all files to my pen drive it didn't. I do seem to have got caught in an update loop though - I had two updates, one for a Q4 2020 update and the other for a Q2 2020 update. I've downloaded the Q2 update twice now and installed it but Toolbox still shows it as needing an update! Still, I'm happy it updated at all ;)

Just got an ex-demonstrator 2020 HS Exclusive two days ago.
Had a similar problem with the map update, reboot at 50%.
Changed USB sticks and, hey presto, off we go with Q4 update.

Just got an ex-demonstrator 2020 HS Exclusive two days ago.
Had a similar problem with the map update, reboot at 50%.
Changed USB sticks and, hey presto, off we go with Q4 update.
Hi Man - wich software version do you have on your mg hs phew ?

I also have this issue on my eHS. at 50% the unit reboot. tried different USB key and some time I get a message that my update package is not valid and sometime the unit reboot at 50%. I just bought the car and I have a 2019Q4 map !!! a shame!
I tried to update the map first or the POI first but still the same errors. my Dealers didn't find a solution too .... I'm very disappointed about that !!
Please help me ^^

I also have this issue on my eHS. at 50% the unit reboot. tried different USB key and some time I get a message that my update package is not valid and sometime the unit reboot at 50%. I just bought the car and I have a 2019Q4 map !!! a shame!
I tried to update the map first or the POI first but still the same errors. my Dealers didn't find a solution too .... I'm very disappointed about that !!
Please help me ^^

From looking into this make sure that you only do one update at a time and make sure the only thing on the USB stick is the update your doing. It seems to get confused if you download the map and POI together and then try and update one or the other with both updates on the stick.

Pain in the proverbial, but formatting the stick, doing one download, updating the car and then going back in and repeating the whole process seems to be the key.

thank you for your return. I already tried this :/

1 Formatting my USB Disk in FAT32
2 Put the USB key into the car and make the first detection
3 Put the USB key onto Naviextras Toolbox and upload the map only
4 Return to the car and make the update. Reboot at around 50% ....

I tried to format in ExFAT, update the POI first but nothing seems to work.

I will analyze the log file on the USB key to see if I can find something.

thank you for your return. I already tried this :/

1 Formatting my USB Disk in FAT32
2 Put the USB key into the car and make the first detection
3 Put the USB key onto Naviextras Toolbox and upload the map only
4 Return to the car and make the update. Reboot at around 50% ....

I tried to format in ExFAT, update the POI first but nothing seems to work.

I will analyze the log file on the USB key to see if I can find something.

It's on my list of things to try, but people seem to have so many issues with updating I might just stick to Waze through Car Play.

Plus paying so much to keep it up to date just doesn't make sense when Google maps and Waze are free and are updated in real time.

I'm totally agree with you. and I only use Waze through CarPlay
The fact is that my car is new and I just want to have my maps up to date. I well never paid for that but I have a 3 month delay to do that freely.

It's on my list of things to try, but people seem to have so many issues with updating I might just stick to Waze through Car Play.

Plus paying so much to keep it up to date just doesn't make sense when Google maps and Waze are free and are updated in real time.
What kind of USB key do you used ? Brand and model please ?

I've not done the update yet, but I'll try tomorrow and report back on my success/failure.

Well I've had a quick go.

The points of interest update went on first time.
The map update gets to about 50% "Checking Files" and reboots the unit

I'm not beaten yet :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom